• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Who are your heroes?

Loomis

Number one for me has to be Mr Spock. The classic aspie but he is so good at dealing with NTs.

This may not make sense to younger aspies but about twenty years or so ago there was a comic strip called Rick O'Shay. It was a cowboy themed strip. Anyway there was this guy called Hipshot Percussion. He dressed in black, was a man of few words and high integrity. He was also fast with his gun and the ultimate loner. He showed up whenever there was trouble usually to help out Rick O'Shay who, if I remember correctly was the sherif. Then he would ride away on his horse to who knows where. He never had a partner.

In the same way Paladin from Have Gun Will Travel is another of my heros. He is a lot like Hipshot Percussion.

My avatar has to be my number one hero. So resourceful, well-spoken, self-confident and human also. It always touches me when I see his crew, Gibbs, Will and Elizabeth accept him for who he is - an eccentric opportunist with a unique, insightful outlook on life and NOT just a drunken pirate, no mere alcoholic substance to produce all of those lovable quirks.

A bit of an odd choice for a hero, I know, but at least I didn't say Heath Ledger's joker - I think there's a great deal of truth surrounding his anarchist speeches, but of course there's also much I don't admire about him at all.

I like Spock too. I also liked his slim sleek-but-not-scrawny form.

Instead of heroes, I have people whom I admire certain aspects of but perhaps not the entirety of the person.

Dave Mustaine and Ronald Reagan.

Reagan - obvious reasons.

Dave Mustaine is a heavy metal guitarist. He's cocky, arrogant, and self-centered. But he actually contributed more to 80s metal than anyone. He's a genius.

William Wallace (Brave heart)
St. Francis
Mother Theresa
Our brave men and women serving in any conflict of our history.
Firefighters
Police officers:D

Rik Mayall
rikmayall5_396x222.jpg
rik-mayall-590-350.jpg

Simon Pegg
simon-pegg (1).jpg
Simon-pegg.jpg

There are others, but can't think right now

From movies, is Jason Bourne :p
Though I like more the story of the novel, I prefer the character of the 2002 movie adaptation (and sequences).

Last edited:
My heroes include:

Joe Montana. 31 Fourth-quarter come-from-behind wins, 4 Super Bowl Titles, The Catch, Chicken Soup Game. The ultimate clutch guy. Wow.

Robert Horry. Ordinary player in the regular season, but exceptional 3-pointers in close post-season games.

Nelson Mandela. Anti-apartheid activist and Father of South African Democracy.

Glancing over the thread... and thinking really good about it.

I never understood the entire "who is your hero" thing. I don't have any heroes I think. Even fictional characters don't really do it for me as such... weirdly enough I do identify with some villains more. But I can't really call them heroes or inspirations as such.

Perhaps someone can shed some light about the concept of "personal heroes"?

Perhaps people tend to call others heroes way to fast, just for the notion of respect and admiration...

For myself; I don't even have that going on. I'm not saying I'm disrepectful, but naming it "respect" or admiration already goes a far way for me

Those people I listed are my heroes because there are some qualities I want to learn from them:

Cool-headedness
Perfection
Magnanimosity

Those people I listed are my heroes because there are some qualities I want to learn from them:

Cool-headedness
Perfection
Magnanimosity

That's one of the things I don't get, with heroes or "role models". You can't be them.

They are like they are because of how they are responding to all kinds of things: genes, upbringing, life-experience, environment. It's a bit of a nominalization to pick out something you admire about the way they are and then try to recreate it. Even if it existed as a 'thing' in that sense, you may not recognise it as such if it existed in your life.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and other fictional strong, kick-ass women with extensive emotional background and a sense of purpose in life--basically everything I lack.

New Threads

Top Bottom