• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Which Of My Included Dating Profile Pics Would You Use If You Were Me ???

Hopeless_Aspie_Guy

As the title says basically, choose a few or more ideally and it's majority rules as I'm not the one who decides if the pictures are good or not (along with the other key ingredients to successful online dating).

Yes for U, O, W, T, S.

Not A, not I, not J, not K, not L, not Q, not H, not B (smile looks too awkward) probably not C.

S. It's the most "harmless" and I honestly can't think of a better descriptor and I'm not implying the others have a "grr, me chop you up" effect to them.

Although I like L, the angle makes your ears look a bit like a Vulcan.

Definitely not J or K. The lighting at that angle doesn't cast very flattering shadows, and the glare kind of makes you look like you're going bald rather than you've shaved your head.

yes for G, M, N, O, U, S

I like the composition of 'O' as it feels 'arty'.
In photo 'U', you look friendly and approachable.

no for B,D,E,F,J,K,H,I,L

O, S, F, and maybe M or R. Depends on what aspect of yourself you're advertising...

There's an aspect of your smile that makes me wonder if you have a tic when your photo is taken. People who study expressions may identify contempt in a smile that only shows on one side of the face (G) or looks like the beginning of the primal snarl (I and, to a lesser extent, U). See Paul Ekman's research, which shows expressions are universal, not cultural--unlike body language, which is cultural, not universal.

Q is good if you want to convey seriousness. H reads too ambiguously for me to react with anything but caution.

I admit to bias on photos that look as if they're taken at work.

I like S the best. Really cute! I also like O and W, and I think R looks fun and a little bit "different" for a dating site profile.

Are you looking for an Aspie or NT, ideally?

If you need someone to give you input on the text for your profile, I'd be happy to look at it. What you say is just as important as how you look. ;)

I like S the best. Really cute! I also like O and W, and I think R looks fun and a little bit "different" for a dating site profile.
Thanks. When someone compliments me on a forum, I always jokingly ask myself "so why don't you bloody well ask me out then you tease" lol

Are you looking for an Aspie or NT, ideally?

If you need someone to give you input on the text for your profile, I'd be happy to look at it. What you say is just as important as how you look. ;)

Well it'd be very interesting having an aspie GF, but where you find them f*ck knows:confused:, the 2 or 3 apsie dating sites are utterly useless empty pits.
And as for the profile reading, I was planning to post that another time, when I PM it to you then in a few weeks, you'll just have to remind yourself why some 'weirdo' is sending you his dating profile.

I would certainly encourage you to focus more on the content of your profile than the pictures you list. Maybe posting it and getting feedback would indeed be helpful? I noticed you already asked for advice on messages when approaching girls.

I met my partner (of over a year now) via a dating site, and he didn't have a clear picture (I didn't see a clear one until we had corresponded for several months, actually!). But his profile was interesting, and he was very engaging, charismatic and interested in me when we talked.

What you have to offer is 100% more important than what you look like to the right girl :p

I would certainly encourage you to focus more on the content of your profile than the pictures you list. Maybe posting it and getting feedback would indeed be helpful? I noticed you already asked for advice on messages when approaching girls.

I met my partner (of over a year now) via a dating site, and he didn't have a clear picture (I didn't see a clear one until we had corresponded for several months, actually!). But his profile was interesting, and he was very engaging, charismatic and interested in me when we talked.

What you have to offer is 100% more important than what you look like to the right girl :p

Unfortunately I may just be very slow at this (given that I've not succeeded in attracting the kind of women I'm interested in thus far) each question helps and builds the whole which I'm lacking in the meantime. The profile pic is important, just as the content of the profile (which no doubt I'll post as a thread at some later point). But otherwise I just don't seem to get it right.

New Threads

Top Bottom