• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where would you go with Time Travel?

carbon12

Utterly obssessed/uninterested
Who would you visit? Which premier or concert would you go? What would you change in your life? What would you tell yourself?
You have just one trip(obviously with return). Just one place and year. You can decide wheter to stay there or go back to the future.
(from "Back to the Future I")

I would go find Newton, instruct him that every object in the universe has a gravitational pull/interaction/relationship with every other object in the universe and therefore his second law needs rewording to be accurate; "An object in motion tends to remain in motion and an object at rest tends to remain at rest unless an outside force acts upon it."
The problem with this is that nowhere in this galaxy can any object be free of outside forces. The accurate statement of newton's second law should be "An object at rest will remain at rest, and an object in motion will come to rest." That's the first trip that comes to mind.

I'd like to take a book on modern quantum physics or maybe a couple back to Mr Einstein and tell him that in fact god does play dice with the universe and hope that he manages to further develop a unified field theory.

I would use it initially, I'd want to make sure it was safe and that I wouldn't get stuck in time. I'd go back in time to confront a bully (he's dead so can't confront him now).

Eh, I guess I would try to pull off a stunt like Jesus did and try to start something on a "religious level" that would attempt to guide humanity into being more on a humanist type of thinking.

June 24, 1988. I would kidnap myself for 48 hours, thus making it absolutely final that I could not return to my hometown.

The accurate statement of newton's second law should be "An object at rest will remain at rest, and an object in motion will come to rest." That's the first trip that comes to mind.
He's actually contradicting a statement of Aristotle's to the effect that objects come to rest because they get "tired." The reason an object appears to be at rest varies depending on the situation; for example, a ball stops rolling because it reaches the bottom of a gravity well. A flat object on an inclined plane stops sliding down because of friction.

In other words, people thought previously that objects spontaneously quit moving with respect to other objects, but Newton says it's because of the interactions between the two. He couldn't say it in quite those words and make the same point, however. People would have taken the bits that they agreed with and missed the part where he contradicted them.

Last edited:
I would like the chance to see and copy the "lost" bits of world literature. Or if we allow that history can be changed, I'd like to go back and start a global literacy program. Having done that, everything else would take care of itself.

Last edited:
I'd go back to any point in his life before Elvis Presley died and, tell him not to do the drugs, to find a better way. Maybe he could have had a better life and a longer career and, given us more of his amazing talent.

I'd go back in time one hour. I always like the extra hour when we turn the clocks back for daylight savings time.

I would go to the Far Future! See if we were still there!

The answer would paradoxically be yes. As you're a member if the human race, even if the entire species had been wiped out by the time you arrived at your destination, you will in affect, "be there". Thus "We" will be there. The question would remain as to how long you would last if the conditions were such that the entire species could no longer be supported.

I would take a copy of Twilight back to 1896 and confront Bram Stoker while he was still working on Dracula. Then I would say, "This is the world you will be ultimately responsible for creating. Read that and think long and hard about what you are doing."

I love Bram Stoker, I just want to bust some chops.

I'd go far into the future, like 20,000(?)/ Warhammer 40K or Dune distant future. I so wanna see culture and life in a time inconceivable to us

Id go everywhere! I wish i could take a vacation to a different time. Id go everywhere, from modern man, to the pyramids, to the aztecs, to medieval times. Everywhere. Id be Bill&teds Excellent adventureing it all over the place!

it would be most triumphant!

Valentine's Day 1991, where my ex kind of "proposed" to me, and instead of saying "Ooh I don't know" I'd have said yes.

Only thing is, if we had got hitched, I'd probably be doing Porridge now for kicking the crap out of the guy who would be my annoying Brother in law.

New Threads

Top Bottom