• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Where does Your Username come from?

3 out of 4 of the computers that I own run either some version of Debian or Ubuntu and apt-get is the package manager.

It just fits. Lifelong headaches. It has "aspi" in it. And there are two of us in this house. Layers upon layers of meaning... I like the number 2 combined with the letter a of certain fonts, visually. All that. Heh heh.

I am absolutely obsessed with "Catcher in the Rye". At one point in the book, the protagonist, Holden Caulfield, gives the false name "Rudolph Schmidt", which was the name of his school janitor. After having a conversation using that name, he regrets it because the person he lied to was so nice to him.

I thought Rudy Schmidt was your name. It's not?

I thought Rudy Schmidt was your name. It's not?
Nope. :p My real name's Karl. But I didn't want to use my real name in case someone from my real life googled me, saw all the things I thought, and got offended. But I don't have a problem with answering to Rudy - it's a pseudonym I like. I also considered Jim Steele - another moniker Holden gives in Catcher in the Rye (in his words, "just for the hell of it").

My username is actually my real name. As far as I know my mother christianized me after the offspring of D’Artagnan. His son was Raoul ( so it should be spelled ) and was the Vicomte de Bragelonne.

My initials are clg. 114 is because there are a lot of clg's.

Mine is from the Kenny Craig sketch in Little Britain when he plays Scrabble with is nan, hypnotising her into thinking that Cupboardy IS an actual word and not a silly word he just made up by cunningly adding a 'y' at the end of the tiles already displaying 'Cupboard' on the mat while stating to her it means 'cupboard-like' so he can cheat his way into winning and score a whopping 106 points for that one word alone. Lol.

Once out of her trance, she adds up the points on Cupboardy, then looks over to him in surprise and says "well done, that puts you on 106!" "Yeah 106", he replies, smugly.

OddGirl... Well, because I kind of am. Odd, I mean. Compared to most people, anyway. My IRL name is Sara.
I live in a smallish, semi-rural town that is quite conformist. I have never conformed, so I am thought of as strange by most of the people who know me.
That said, being considered eccentric and unusual doesn't bother me in the least.

May or Mae is usually the second name I use in my online handles, it's actually a name I've been considering adapting in real life, and also the month my mother was born. Black relates to my boyfriend, because it was him I came here for in the first place.

Every username I have ever had comes from my love of cars. Mine was from my car I had, still have somewhat, a 95 240sx. Which in Japan is call the Silvia, and I'm a guy, so silvia95guy is what I settled for.

The first manga I read was about a girl who always had been bullied by her classmates but in the end all the bad things happened with her classmates (thousand times more bad) and I recall of one time, she was said that dandelions where dangerous plants because their seeds can enter the ears (an classmate said it and she was really scary because she really believed that)...and she started to walk closing her ears and all the school laugh of her.
It was a wonderful place and after the bully part, those seeds stick on the classmates and enormous dandelions sprout of the body of her classmates... it was a scary manga!!! And her classmates came screaming trying to find her to save them.
I started to learn the japanese characters reading that...

(dont recall the name of that manga)

So I use the dandelion (not Dandelion) as a nickname, because of it.

Well, I used to write in C# ( C Sharp ), and I thought I would be forever so... yeah. I'm obviously doing other stuff, but the name stuck so... I'm sticking with it :confused:

Well, I used to write in C# ( C Sharp ), and I thought I would be forever so... yeah. I'm obviously doing other stuff, but the name stuck so... I'm sticking with it :confused:
Very clever. Been a while writing C#. The last 5 years been working with PHP. Since I'm learning mobile Apps, I'm getting back into Java and starting with Android first as I own a Android advice. Soon need to learn Objective C. I don't want to make iOS apps, but since many people using it and if I can make money, I will develop for devices I don't care for.

My name is my real last name, with the letters mixed up. I'm not public about my self dx right now so I don't wanna be googled and this come up. :)

It's an obscure reference to a quote from The Silence of the Lambs, from a letter at the end of the book. 'Some of our stars are the same. Clarice.' I really liked the book. It also seemed appropriate because I came to this forum to connect with people who share experiences and struggles that come with an ASD.

New Threads

Top Bottom