• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wow you have a pretty special job to uphold there my mate :eek: You could be making history there!! Good on you! Good luck. It's great to sell stuff.
I hope it actually works as far as getting a job.
No it doesn't match what I went/am going to college for. I went for a degree fit for an academic; I want to do work fit for manual laborers. That is ok though. Manual labor has a consolation to it that sitting around dealing with academia doesn't.
Yes, I still want to do it. I want some kind of employment--then I can finish college & keep getting better. Right now, I would say college was fun but definitely harmful in a way.
Thanks for your kind words & I definitely hope you enjoy your week's stay at your mom's, soak up the fun of being at home alone, & I am glad you are enjoying how you got your nails done.

I hope it actually works as far as getting a job.
No it doesn't match what I went/am going to college for. I went for a degree fit for an academic; I want to do work fit for manual laborers. That is ok though. Manual labor has a consolation to it that sitting around dealing with academia doesn't.
Yes, I still want to do it. I want some kind of employment--then I can finish college & keep getting better. Right now, I would say college was fun but definitely harmful in a way.
Thanks for your kind words & I definitely hope you enjoy your week's stay at your mom's, soak up the fun of being at home alone, & I am glad you are enjoying how you got your nails done.
Aww thank you. You deserve the good words :)

I just meant I feel drained and empty after the winter. And the sun and spring weather makes it better. Like a battery being charged.
Oh yeah, that makes sense! I think we all feel naturally happier during summer or spring, but autumn is nice for Aussies rn ^^. It is getting colder, but it's less scary than last year.

drained and empty after the winter. And the sun and spring weather makes it better

For quite a while I've had a vague plan to spend a winter in Norway. I quite like the idea of it - perhaps the reality is different. Or maybe it'll be great for one winter, but then the novelty would wear off. I liked Tromsø and thought that area might be good.

For quite a while I've had a vague plan to spend a winter in Norway. I quite like the idea of it - perhaps the reality is different. Or maybe it'll be great for one winter, but then the novelty would wear off. I liked Tromsø and thought that area might be good.

I have spent many winters here and it's not all fun and games. ;)Scandinavian winters can be brutal. Tromsø is a nice place but cold. I spent months on Svalbard, that place is actually classified as a desert. Arctic desert. And they have 24 hours of night there. They don't have daytime during winter, just night. :fearscream: That was rough. I can deal with the snow and cold weather but when you combine it with darkness and not enough sun, that gets to me.

Tromsø can be a little magical:

tromso.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah, that makes sense! I think we all feel naturally happier during summer or spring, but autumn is nice for Aussies rn ^^. It is getting colder, but it's less scary than last year.

When considering all the spiders, the kangaroos punching people in the face and the crocodiles everywhere, I imagine the weather is a nice distraction. ;) Australia is special.

Last edited:
That sounds really cool, you've given me a new place to look up :eek:

When considering all the spiders, the kangaroos punching people in the face and the crocodiles everywhere, I imagine the weather is a nice distraction. ;) Australia is special.
BAHAHA pfft!! Can I tell ya something I tend to think of related to our country (and this is something I actually did this year!)? Putting on temporary tattoos of Aussie flags and having barbeques on Australia Day. This year's one was really good :)

I have spent many winters here and it's not all fun and games. ;)Scandinavian winters can be brutal. Tromsø is a nice place but cold. I spent months on Svalbard, that place is actually classified as a desert. Arctic desert. And they have 24 hours of night there. They don't have daytime during winter, just night. :fearscream: That was rough. I can deal with the snow and cold weather but when you combine it with darkness and not enough sun, that gets to me.

Tromsø can be a little magical:

View attachment 101437
That sounds really amazing, thank you for the Aurora Borealis picture :3

New Threads

Top Bottom