• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What's your Noodle?

LadyS

One eye permanently raised it seems...
V.I.P Member
Serious discussion:spaghetti::

1. What are your favorite pasta noodle shapes?

2. Any you don't care for?

3. Favorite pasta dishes?

4. If you were a pasta noodle, which one would you be?

3d1e854d825321e8299a9c296d7694bd.jpg

1. I like me some thick spaghetti, rotini, ziti, tripolini, orzo, fusilini, and messinesi.

2. Not a fan of most of the stuffed pastas (don't like stuffed anything really), rigatoni, cavatappi, fettuccine, or penne.

3. I don't really have a favorite, but anything homemade and baked and best.

4. I'd probably be a linguine, long and able to wrap myself around stuff, but stretched thin because life's made me that way.

spagetti, farfalle, gnocchi, penne, rigatoni

...and the stuffed ones
In Italy: You've already shown us the various types and shapes of Italian stuffed pasta. Astonishing. I doubt most Italians know all of them.
In Russia they are pelmeni.
In Germany they are Maultaschen.
In Turkey they are manti.
People around the globe seem to love stuffed pasta/ noodles. Did I forget something?

1. Do I need to choose? OK then. Angel Hair, with Manicotti (Ricotta, Parmesan, with chopped Spinach and Proscuitto), a close second.

2. Love 'em all.

3. Spaghetti Aglio e Olio. Lobster Fra Diavalo. Baked Manicotti. Tonkatsu Ramen. (added) I nearly forgot those kings of dumplings, Pierogi. We will have some Mushroom & Kraut Pierogi for dinner tonight with lambchops.

4. Udon.

Last edited:
Oh favorite pasta dishes:
tagliatelle secoe
spagetti all'amatriciana
pasta with zucchini and pine nuts

I like a german variety best, called Spatzle. They are rough, hand rolled and thicker.

spatzle.jpg

I like a german variety best, called Spatzle. They are rough, hand rolled and thicker.

View attachment 72266
Yes, how could I forget Spätzle :D
with cheese and roasted onions.

They are a quick but not easy way to make noodles: You scrape tiny pieces of dough from a cutting board right into a pot of boiling water. Handmade Spätzle come in irregular shapes.

I like udon. Have you ever seen a Japanese chef make udon? Absolutely fascinating!

That funghetti looks fun too :)

Last edited:
And I like how one my favorite foods has spawned a major world religion, Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM for short). Fusilli if I had to pick, Caserecci is growing on me though.

I like udon. Have you ever seen a Japanese chef make udon? Aboslutely fascinating!

That funghetti looks fun too :)
No, I have not. But I enjoy it in a rich, clear, mushroom broth made with Porcini, and Morels and serve it with Udon, Enoki, and sliced pork.

1. Ravioli (swoon)
2. orzo (also swoon)
3. Linguini (with garlic & clams)
4. Dischi (in homemade minestrone)

I try to stay away from wheat, but it has a way luring me back. ;)

@Tom my mama used to make that too. If there were any leftovers, next morning we’d have them warmed up in butter with a little cinnamon sugar. She used 2 spoons to make them. “Messerspitzen” she said. I think it means little bits of dough. (?)

This is actually a Chinese chef making noodles but it is the video I was thinking of!

You would like the documentary, Ramen Heads, which follows Osamu Tomita making his Tsukemen Ramen, a very thick base made for dipping. I have a goal of eating some at his shop.

But for wonderful entertainment, try the film, Tampopo. It is deliciously funny in a way that the Japanese can only pull off.

You would like the documentary, Ramen Heads, which follows Osamu Tomita making his Tsukemen Ramen, a very thick base made for dipping. I have a goal of eating some at his shop.

But for wonderful entertainment, try the film, Tampopo. It is deliciously funny in a way that the Japanese can only pull off.

Perfect timing! I needed a good suggestion. Thank you!

I like rotini.*
Macaroni gives me gas.
I am okay with spaghetti, but it is harder for my daughter to manage.

*There are probably others I would like, too, but our grocery store doesn't carry all of the choices given in the OP.

1. Ravioli (swoon)
2. orzo (also swoon)
3. Linguini (with garlic & clams)
4. Dischi (in homemade minestrone)

I try to stay away from wheat, but it has a way luring me back. ;)

@Tom my mama used to make that too. If there were any leftovers, next morning we’d have them warmed up in butter with a little cinnamon sugar. She used 2 spoons to make them. “Messerspitzen” she said. I think it means little bits of dough. (?)
I always have uses for left over pasta or rice at the next day's lunch. Some in my family never eat leftovers! Their loss, since they will never know the way flavors in a stew, soup, or chili, "marry" when a day or two has passed: plus they don't cook, so why would I trust their tastes?

Love Chinese flat wide noodles. Like the cellophane noodles in spring rolls, and Filipino pansit noodles. Angel hair is perfect. Right now l can buy spaghetti with 13 grams of protein - perfect. Also like ramen noodles and freshly made Chinese noodles. My daughter and l like a fried egg on top of ramen noodles.

New Threads

Top Bottom