• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

?? What's Your New Years Resolutions For 2016 ??

Hopeless_Aspie_Guy

As the title says, let's hear the things you plan to do to improve your life and perhaps discuss. As an aspie I kinda love how a new year can be a fresh start and a new opportunity to do yourself proud, so here are my main resolutions;

To start saving lot's of money later in the year and to spend wisely and occasionally

To work out a better schedule and journey-plan for my job so that I routinely have time off at the weekends whilst maximizing my earning potential.

To be the most reliable employee I can be (as I've often already shown)

To go to bed before 12am and wake up before 830am.

To get back into less expensive hobbies/interests such as computer gaming and films

To involve myself in more people posts on this and other forums

To better avoid getting into positions that literally upset me (though this may be down to luck more than effort)

To uphold my commitment to not wanting to be involved in any matters of love (the romantic kind- no looking, touching, thinking or feeling).

So what resolutions are you going to commit to for 2016????

Last edited:
To live life as simply and uncomplicated as possible. To practice being grateful for what I have accomplished versus being bitter about the cards I have been dealt. And finally, to be at least comfortable in my new job.

To grab whatever opportunities come my way...there are so few. This is my New Year's resolution every year.

are you informed that everything in the tapatalk app looks better?

27b269ee4c3d5b5b20bd2512dc2ed7e3.jpg

I am making a blog about this but since it isn't up yet: my plans are to move forward. I am tired of dwelling on my past. It wouldn't be fair to anyone I date anyway and it wouldn't be fair to myself.

To enjoy and accept what I've come to experience.
To help others no matter the reward.
To become a good example and resource for someone else.
To make other people part of my routines.
To open up to others about my problems and thoughts.
To live while I am alive.

I am making a blog about this but since it isn't up yet: my plans are to move forward. I am tired of dwelling on my past. It wouldn't be fair to anyone I date anyway and it wouldn't be fair to myself.
Surely if you were dating then it'd be harder to hold onto or mourn the past.
Oh yer, are both those photos of you, they look kinda different?

To make other people part of my routines.
To open up to others about my problems and thoughts.

These two in particular seem to me like good ones as oppose to the same old ones people say every year.

To not write 2015 on stuff and things.

Oh yes lol, 2015 came and went so fast that I see where you're coming from and can relate.

Surely if you were dating then it'd be harder to hold onto or mourn the past.
Oh yer, are both those photos of you, they look kinda different?

I have heard of friends with significant others that still aren't completely over exes. Hearing that makes me sad because it makes it sound like that significant other wants to try to put all energy into the current relationship but there's still some stuff they have to sort out, not sure what... but if I want to be with someone, I want to be at this point where I can focus on that person completely. And I want both parties to be happy and comfortable.

As for the other thing: The photos of me on dating are not revealing at all. I think I just have a little cute mystery about my smile that might send mixed messages but that smile has had many variants this year. Going through this year's photos and seeing them all, I can tell which days I didn't want to smile! I've been generating a bit of a fan club without even trying so I guess I'm hot?! LOL!

1. get rid of clutter
  2. stop trying too hard to act normal
  3. try not to let special interests take over my brain
  4. spend some time alone at least weekly

I don't intend to make any resolutions. I would usually break them anyway.

Better to not try than to try if you beleive you'll fail, I guess it just helps to build an emotionally rewarding sense of accomplishment if you make ones you know you want and need to do.

To lose weight.

Ah yes, the mums favourite cliche of/for the year lol

1. get rid of clutter
  2. stop trying too hard to act normal
  3. try not to let special interests take over my brain
  4. spend some time alone at least weekly

I like these, not excessive and fairly precise with obvious benefits. Aspies shouldn't have clutter though, it's not in their nature. My excuse for a messy room (for the first year in my life) has just been the lack of time).

Learn to drive and pass my driving test.
Learn to code in C++.

I can do these things I just need to apply myself.

Make sure you've passed your theory as early as possible. Ensure your instructor is of a high grade (grades range from 1-5) and my second instructor was a 5. I have more advice to offer as an aspie who took 6 times to pass (partly due to a poorer first instructor who was too soft on me) because I was a slow learner and remembered all the tips I'd pass on to others (I passed almost 2yrs ago). Good luck.

New Threads

Top Bottom