• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Would You Do If You Could Be An NT For 1 Week ???

Honestly it would be bizarre and terrifying and wonderful and brilliant all at once. I can't even imagine what it would like to not have Alexithemia for a week. To be able to emotionally empathize with someone. To experience someone else's emotional state in real time through mirroring.

I'd pour my heart out to my wife and explain all the ways I really feel about her, all the love and happiness she brings to my life as well as all the frustrations and hurts I've felt but been unable to put into words. I'd cry with her over her hurts and truly empathize with her in a way that, no matter how much I want to, I can't.

We could watch a romantic movie together and I'd enjoy it. We could watch something I like now that she finds depressing and I could feel how depressing it is to her.

If I could be not emotion blind for a week, knowing that in a week it would come back, hell yes I'd take it and I'd make the most out of it that I possibly could. I'd be emoting all over the place.

Even if I was NT I'd still have all my other problems such as being deaf and other disability issues, so I'd probably still be struggling to get a job.

Although I'm working on that (see my topic in the employment section, and my Blog)

Being NT for a week would mean a week without sensory issues and less anxiety. I would do lots of things that I don't do due to sensory issues and/or anxiety:

I would go to concerts.
I would travel.
I would do some adventure activities such as rafting.

New Threads

Top Bottom