• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Isn't the original in Swedish or something? I've been wanting to see the American remake (Let Me In) because I'm a fan of Chloe Moretz, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Isn't the original in Swedish or something? I've been wanting to see the American remake (Let Me In) because I'm a fan of Chloe Moretz, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
In its own right, it's actually pretty good. The tone is a bit more "Americanized," but not as much as I thought it would be. My main problem with it was that it lacked a lot of the subtlety and ambiguity that made the Swedish version so intriguing.

"The Lego Movie" today in theater, 3D with those glasses. Its cute. Adventure for little kids. My pre-teeners liked it. The script is packed so full of ethics, morals, good behavior tidbits, that I thought it was hilarious.

X-men 2: X-men united, which reminded me why I wasn't so keen on the last one :/ They should had serious called it, X-men 2: X-men sort of united against one villain but every one dies in the next one, so this movie was really pointless. ...

It was a movie day. Started the day with the one posted above; ended the day with "The Wind Rises." Went to the 10:20 PM showing; It is a Tuesday night. It was a private screening. Real nice in some ways; disconcerting in others. Five or more years ago I went to some late showings. Private screenings. The movie theater closed a couple of years later.

I thought "The Wind Rises" was well done. The screenplay is mostly an illustration for the story. Animation but done in that manner rather than being more lifelike. The story is really a love story. A good movie perhaps to take a date to see?

In response to another comment somewhere above, yes, WW-2 was skipped over. A few seconds of presentation of American bombers and big fires without much explanation. The viewer just has to know it is a token of Tokyo being burned in the fire bombing of the war. There is not much else about WW-2. The graveyard of military airplanes at the end is a nice graphic about both the cost of war and the state of Jiro's life when he was older and the war was ended.

It was a good movie and I am happy to have seen it.

X-men 2: X-men united, which reminded me why I wasn't so keen on the last one.

Except that now that they're continuing the series from where they left off starting with The Wolverine (which was awesome by the way) we can't call it "the last one" anymore, can we? In X-Men 3's defense, the storyline, while only loosely adapted from the comics' plot, is an excellent representation of what the X-Men are all about and the same can be said for the series in general, which is why I've always enjoyed it. Don't listen to the fanboys complaining that the movies are nothing like the comics. They're exactly like the comics. The fanboys just equate "I wouldn't have done it that way" with "this sucks" and that's a really ****** attitude.

Except that now that they're continuing the series from where they left off starting with The Wolverine (which was awesome by the way) we can't call it "the last one" anymore, can we? In X-Men 3's defense, the storyline, while only loosely adapted from the comics' plot, is an excellent representation of what the X-Men are all about and the same can be said for the series in general, which is why I've always enjoyed it. Don't listen to the fanboys complaining that the movies are nothing like the comics. They're exactly like the comics. The fanboys just equate "I wouldn't have done it that way" with "this sucks" and that's a really ****** attitude.

I just think they could had skipped the sequel and went straight to the third one :confused: I think the first one is the best to be honest and number two was more meh and number three wasn't really that bad.

Lol I've forgotten that they made prequels to the movies XD Fan-boys and girls don't ever seem happy :/ They also complained about Dragon Ball Evolution but I didn't really think it was horrible, at least there's a live action movie and it could've been a lot worse.

Frozen

This is the third time I've watched it. Now that I'm over my initial disappointment and (mostly) over being baffled by everyone was saying it was a masterpiece when it's really, really not, I was able to look at it a little more objectively. The film's first half is excellent, but I still feel that the second half needed at least one more draft to fix the weaker writing there. Overall, it's not a bad film, but it's not a great one either. As Disney films go, it's only average. It happens. Pocahontas and Chicken Little were also just average but I still watch them once in a while to enjoy the good parts.

I agree the storyline and script lacked a lot in "Frozen." I sat back and enjoyed the artwork on the screen.

Mean Girls

How did it wind up in my Netflix DVD queue? I couldn't say...perhaps I saw the name Tina Fey and one click led to another. However...

It was brilliant. Excellent satire, excellent message. Highly recommended, no matter how stupid the synopsis may make it look.

Cars

I hadn't watched this one in years. I know the franchise as a whole gets a lot of flak and is often thought to be Pixar's weakest series and to be honest, I just don't get that. While it is a bit formulaic, the first film, overall, is a terrific piece of work with great characters, gorgeous animation, excellent music and all the humor and heart Pixar is known for. We can debate whether the sequel was any good (I thought it was, but I seem to be in the minority), but I think it's safe to say that the original film is vastly underrated and really doesn't deserve all the criticism it gets.

Pete's Dragon

I hadn't seen this one since I was child, mostly because I remember hating it back then. I decided to take another look and see if it was as bad as I remembered and was pleasantly surprised to discover that it wasn't. It's not a great film, no masterpiece here, but the music was good, Elliot himself was very well animated and how they integrated an animated character into a live action setting was impressive, especially since this was ten whole years before Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I'd give the story 3 stars out of 5 and say that the film is best appreciated as a technical achievement for its time.

All Is Lost. It's a film with one single actor, Robert Redford. It's a great movie about a sailing disaster.

I have to say though that, throughout half the movie, I was mostly enamored with being out in the ocean alone. Gosh that would be nice (I'll pass on the ship wreck part).

Muppets Most Wanted

It was quite a bit different from what I was expecting, but that's not a bad thing at all. Whereas the last film focused more on broad, zany comedy and the actual story was somewhat secondary, here, comedy takes a backseat and the story is front and center. What comedy is there is very funny, but there's not as much of it. Instead, we get an epic, globe-trotting adventure with perhaps the first truly evil villain the Muppets have ever faced. While I wouldn't call it dark in any sense, the tone is a tad more serious than your typical Muppet production and, surprisingly enough, it works rather well for this story. All in all, I was not disappointed and can safely say the previous film was not a fluke. Here's hoping they get the chance to do this again.

I watched Snowpiercer today

I might want to see if I can get hold of the comic it's based on

New Threads

Top Bottom