• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

I went to see The Wolverine on Saturday night. I always enjoy a perv on Hugh Jackman but as the series of X-Men movies goes, it wasn't as good as some of the earlier movies.

I have seen HMC and it is excellent. At some point, I want to read the novel, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Have you seen Princess Mononoke? That's probably my favorite of his. Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind is great too.

I'm prejudiced; I saw that one with my son when he was young. We watched it several times & acted it out "watch out daddy the phantoms!" We would have flashlights on at night and of course the cat would be the "phantom." :D I googled the one you are talking about. Bro I can't go there with ya here...man I gotta leave ya hanging... :D anyhoo the images from the new one look like Japanese animation which is cool. Never played the game but I heard it's different from the 1st movie.

What do you think of that one? Personally, I've always liked it and I think it's a shame that it never really found an audience. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is definitely better, though. What's nice is that as long as you know the basics of the storyline, you can enjoy the film without having played the game. The bluray release includes a 30 minute recap of the game's story as an extra, so you don't even have to look it up on the internet. Very cool!

"All the Pretty Horses" with Matt Damon & Penelope Cruz

"Hola amigo, tu gusta me daughter? Gringo you die..." what would you do for love? not bad, the acting was good, it was better than I thought. My vcr still works! Dvds are too expensive compared to .25 vcrs at garage sales... oh wait I bought this movie from Blockbuster? 50 years ago and never watched it...

I've went to see Elysium in the movie theatre today with my girlfriend.

First screening of the movie, since today is it's premiere; like 6 people showed up at the theatre. Well.. yes, that's what happens when you screen movies at 4 pm. That's also why I rather see movies at that time, lol

Elysium was amazing. I loved District 9 and it's good to know that wasn't a fluke and Neill Blomkamp really is that good. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

Elysium was amazing. I loved District 9 and it's good to know that wasn't a fluke and Neill Blomkamp really is that good. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

Heh, yeah... I'm interested in his future stuff as well. Elysium actually caught my attention because I really liked D9, since it dealt some interesting sociological matters. Elysium pretty much does the same.

I guess a thing can be said about the fact that he's from South Africa, where there's a really clear outline between social classes and the like, which he can easily use in his movies.

Piranha-------and that was a couple weeks ago. It was hokey. The fish....roared. A pretty good "bad" movie.

Heh, yeah... I'm interested in his future stuff as well. Elysium actually caught my attention because I really liked D9, since it dealt some interesting sociological matters. Elysium pretty much does the same.

I guess a thing can be said about the fact that he's from South Africa, where there's a really clear outline between social classes and the like, which he can easily use in his movies.

I like Elysium. The critics' choices are just like ours - we think it's a fine movie we'll enjoy :D

North by Northwest, which was hilarious! I loved it. And the music was really great.

It is hilarious, but that's actually a bad thing because it's not supposed to be funny. I don't understand why people call this Hitchcock's greatest film because of the ones I've seen, it was the worst by far.

This is an update: The DVD with "Kiki's Delivery Service" arrived, I watched it and enjoyed it and then I played it for my pre-teen granddaughters and they liked it. So far so good. I ordered two more and some books from Barnes & Noble before "Kiki" even arrived.

This is where I slid into the Twilight Zone somehow. Books showed up in the mail from strange and distant parts of the world for a few days or a week. Distant mythical parts of the world like New England and then from-- Old England with a Customs Declaration?????

The new DVD's with ". . .Totoro" and "Spirited Away" got consolidated (free shipping) into a package with some other books, one of which will not be released until the end of September, so delivery is promised about October!

This Twilight Zone continues: A couple of weeks later I ordered some merchandise from several independent sources and the promises that things would be shipped soon were right there and then . . . nothing? Still waiting.

But it gets more 'Grey Foggy:' Ordered more stuff, this time from Amazon. An hour later there was a notice the (3rd party) vendor had already shipped one item!! Great! From China with a delivery date maybe sometime in October????? What???? Clipper Ship going ' 'round the Horn' or what???? (Sigh!)

The Twilight Zone Effect continues: School starts again a week from today. This is the perspective from the edge of the coin: I will go to the schools every day; the first day is like it was last week or maybe a long weekend ago when I was there before and not back before the months of Summer began. Wait in the line of cars with mostly Mothers driving; school Principals and sometime Police waving and signaling to the cars/drivers. Kids running to the school in the mornings; running from the school or the groups monitored by teachers outside the school in the afternoon pickup. The Drill is now so ingrained it is amazing that it is (about to be) the tenth year I have done this. Now I drop-off and pick-up the first child who was the reason to be in these lines of cars every afternoon at a High School somewhere else and collect his sisters at this school. The Twilight Zone reminds me from time to time that the Lady I married attended this school herself as a 6th Grader in the first year it was open. That thought really pushes my mind out into the mists.

Hitchcock movies:

I watched "North By Northwest" on TV once. Really don't remember it. I do have a little video in my mind of that famous sequence where Cary Grant's character was dodging the airplane.

My own favorite was "Vertigo." I (and probably most other guys of that era) have always been in love with the girl played by Kim Novak. Kim was so beautiful on the screen and the character was . . .

Hitchcock was really a master at his craft. One of the superstars of the film industry as it was in his time.

It is hilarious, but that's actually a bad thing because it's not supposed to be funny. I don't understand why people call this Hitchcock's greatest film because of the ones I've seen, it was the worst by far.

I guess I just have no taste, then... :unhappy:

I am actually not a Hitchcock fan, so I had no pretensions going into it, which I am sure is why I enjoyed it so much.

Last edited:
John Carpenter's Dark Star, which is a great low budget sci-fi comedy:

"They're not lost in space...they're loose." :D

I watched it on Blu-Ray with a trivia commentary track by a "super-fan" of the film, which unfortunately wasn't very good (it has a few interesting bits of information, but you have to sit through long stretches of dead air and the guy just narrating what's going on in the movie to get to them and some of the research that he did wasn't very good. Most of the information in the commentary is in the making-of documentary included on the blu-ray, which is pretty decent.)

Last edited by a moderator:

New Threads

Top Bottom