• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Cloud Atlas

And... I don't know, I was kinda disappointed by it. I expected more. Still, I'm quite sure that I'll win some awards here and there. Mostly make-up and editing I think.

Abduction (terrible), Young Adult (which was pretty good but kind of a dark comedy), and Margin Call (which I thought was really good). Boyfriend is watching one called Cross right now, which is really bad.

The other day my friend and I watched Fargo and Blue Velvet. I loved the former; the latter, not so much. :cool:

I managed to convince this friend to watch The Godfather and, lo and behold, she loved it! I love when someone watches a film on your recommendation and they actually like it.

i, er, watched Blade Runner

and, i watched snow white and the huntsman, but i kind of fell asleep halfway through,
so there's some kind of village of scarred women that makes some kind of sense...

the most distracting thing, apart from a horse in the middle of nowhere, is that Kristen stewart didn't really look , i don't know, likeable (?), it was distracting trying to read into what she was thinking, as she does this raised eyebrow pout... expression, i can only think as supposed to be disdain, or despair, but it's only superficially pushed into place, the jaw/scalp/eye area doesn't shift.

snow-white-and-the-huntsman-kristen-stewart.jpg

IDK, i couldn't work it out, what emotion/expression is that ? she has it for 1/3 of the movie.

Kristen Stewart is NEVER likable. I've not seen Snow White and the Huntsman, but I'm thinking of Adventureland and the Twilight films. You're right; she has a perpetually vacant and occasionally constipated look.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched The good, the bad and the ugly today.

And while I can appreciate the cinematography and all of it... it's not a bad movie at all. It isn't my type of movie.

I've went through a few Eastwood films recently... Westerns in general are not my style apparently. Westworld would be an exception, but that's more of a sci-fi flick dressed up as a western.

On the other hand, I do like Wild west themes and styles. Anything wild west steampunk or "weird west" related.. yes please.

I saw Lincoln the other day. I didn't like it--it was hokey and Spielbergian and John William's score was terrible and I didn't see what the big deal was about Daniel Day Lewis. Then again, mine seems to be very much the minority opinion.

Tinker Bell, Tinkerbell Lost Treasure, Tinkerbell and the Great Escape, and finally TinkerBell the Secret of the Wings whee I love Tinkerbell!!!!

Reign of Fire

I'm all for interesting concepts and alternate reality stuff... but to me that movie was really random. I knew what to expect... but somehow the story itself just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Somehow I feel this would even be fine as a tv series and not neccesarily a "big" (60 million USD) hollywood production

New films I've seen The Hobbit and The Perks Of Being a Wallflower and some of John Carter.

Perks was rediculously amazing and had us all in tears afterwards. Apparently the actors playing the main characters father, Doctor, best friend and a few others were begging for those parts. Apparently Emma Watson hounded the director so badly he had to give in haha.

Recently seen that I have seen before, Up, Lord Of The Rings - The Fellowship Of The Ring, Transformers - Revenge Of The Fallen & Dark Of The Moon.

Saw The hobbit today

I've heard a lot of bad things about it, so I went to see it with mixed feelings. Didn't think it was that bad actually. And that's from someone who isn't really big into such fantasy movies in general. From a cinematographic point of view, I think it's good though.

2001: A Space Odyssey in a theater.

I first saw this in a theatre as well. A television screen just can't do it justice.

I christened my new Netflix DVD subscription by watching The Cabin in the Woods. I loved it! Of course, I have a bit of a man-crush on Fran Kranz...

New Threads

Top Bottom