• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What was the last movie you watched?

Batman: Under The Red Hood: Why, why, WHY aren't they releasing these on the big screen? The writing is as good as any theatrical feature and the animation is gorgeous. Seriously, if they were to pick one of the really epic comic book stories like Kingdom Come and release it as a big screen animated feature, they could totally compete. If only WB had enough faith in their animation division to actually try it. Maybe someday...

Last night I watched a film called 'Adam'. It's about a guy with aspergers. To be honest I didn't enjoy it, I think it lacked a strong storyline and failed to explore Adam's personality.
Or...maybe I just saw aspects of myself in the 'female form', and it made me feel uncomfortable? I'm going to watch it again tonight.
I loved that movie. I loved rose Byrne in it.

Right now I'm watching "All The Presidents Men". Great story, but I'd rather it had all been fiction.

Scary movie. Scary story. A bigger political thriller than even "Seven Days In May".

Last edited:
Zeitgeist: Addendum. It was a really fascinating documentary. I'm not sure how seriously to take it, but I'm impressed with it.
I want to see "Prometheus" after reading about it on CreatorsProject last night. It has the actress from "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" in it, and even though it has gotten some bad reviews it sounds like the modern answer to "Altered States" imo, which is an essential even though it's probably missing its intended mark a little...?

Die Hard 5 or A Good Day to Die Hard :D It wasn't the best but it wasn't that bad at the same time ... I also tried watching X-Men: Days of future past but got too confused ...

I tried watching X-Men: Days of future past but got too confused ...

It might help if you keep in mind that
Days Of Future Past is basically First Class Part 2 and any references to the original series only mean that some version of those events happened in the First Class timeline, but not in the exact same way. By the end of the film, the events of the original series have been erased so that future films are starting with a more or less clean slate.

It is a little confusing, but since First Class and the original series were completely incompatible due to there being too many major contradictions between the two, this was the best solution they could come up with to get it down to one timeline. The original series timeline still exists in a separate, alternate universe, but they won't be referring to it anymore because the First Class timeline has been reset so those events never took place.

Did you get all that?

I just watched Don Jon over the weekend with Scarlet Johansen and Jason Gordon-Levit. Glad I watched it alone cause I may have been embarrassed if in the company of others! Over all tho, it was well written and acted! With a hard to miss theme/point to make...so, agree or disagree with the subject matter, either way it was a well made movie.

That's cool , was it crowded ? I'm personally not enjoying going to theater or any public place because it's too crowded

Sent from my iPhone using AspiesCentral.com

That's cool , was it crowded ? I'm personally not enjoying going to theater or any public place because it's too crowded

Sent from my iPhone using AspiesCentral.com

I am much the same way with being alone in crowds...strength in numbers, and such!? It was kind of a good practice exercise to get past some of my "fears and anxieties"...pick a show time early enough in the day (when a movie first comes out and is less packed) if you 're willing to wait for when the movie is on it's way out of theaters go then, even at night (because anyone else who was a "big fan" of whatever actor or plot synopsis would have gone from beginning to the middle of it's release date.) Good luck, hope you enjoy the experience..if you go. My theater was a 6:45pm show time and it was me and maybe 2 couples...I sat where I wouldn't distract them or viva versa... :)

NTs are a bit like bees most times, they won't bother you if you don't disturb them! ;) lol

Then you say: "but some of the things I say or do does disturb them sometimes!! That's what I'm afraid will happen!"

All I can say is "try, then try again till you get it right!" (That would be an excellent "tag line" to that movie -Edge of Tomorrow- it really was very good!

Story of Luke. Story of a 25 yr old autistic man trys to take care of himself after his grandmother dies.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I remember getting into a conversation about it somewhere here--damned if I can remember where!--and I definitely agree, it is much darker than I remember, the ending not quite so hopeful as I had thought. Oh well. Quite a ride, at least. Beautifully done.

Ninja: Shadow of a Tear, directed by Isaac Florentine starring Scott Adkins & Kane Kosugi

New Threads

Top Bottom