• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What type of obsessions do you have?

its alot cleaner front end wise, more viewing space etc etc, just a really nice to use internet thing, and looks good with aero in windows 7

I'm a Safari girl. I had an obsession with Macs for awhile. Now it's just a preference.

Safari on Mac OS X(it just sucks on Windows though)>Firefox>Google Chrome.
IMO.
I just never really liked the UI of Google Chrome.
I know it's a subjective thing.
But idk, it's just feels dodgy when I use Google Chrome.
EMZ=]

If people give some add-ons a try, like me then they wouldn't want another browser. Maybe most people don't realize that there are cool add-ons or even how much Firefox has to offer. When I ask people if they use Firefox and they say they use Google Chrome and I'm like Why? They say becuase it's faster...

It's not like Firefox is really slow, I find it is pretty fast for me. I have Google Chrome on my laptop and It's OK, I don't go for speed, I go for the decency of the browser, what it has to offer, also for Firefox, I love the themes and the Logo is freaking awesome!

Google Chrome is still pretty new which is probably it lacks some stuff, but overall, it's a good browser.

As long as people arn't using Internet Explorer, it dosen't really bother me as much because IE is losing it's share ;)

~Midna

chrome is getting the addons, just a little slowly because its new but i have to say the ones i have are really good and chrome is massively faster than anything else especially on a low powered machine

I have more awesome stuff on it than I did before on firefox.
For example?
Only thing that bugs me about ff is its high mem usage, eats up 40% of my 512MB... :/
While chrome only needs 12mb.

f. :)

Downloaded chrome myself now... prefer it. Though the 'broken link' errors are annoying sometimes, when its blatently not a link issue, but more of a connection problem.

My obsessions? Hmm. Well I always have to try as hard as possible to be the best. Like at college I cant have anyone being better than me or i feel down. For classes im not amazing at I go in extra and stuff just to get good and be ahead of the class. I always finish early somehow and just I like to be the best.
My second obsession (major one) , is love. Since I was about 7 or 8 ive been obsessed with trying to be in a good relationship full of love and just hoping to be with someone and hate being alone and just I dont just want a girlfriend , I actualy NEED one.

During my childhood and adolescence, the only thing I obsessed over was Japanese anime. That spun off into trying to learn more about the culture, the language, the drawing style, etc.

But earlier this year, I finally dropped the Japan/anime obsession and started watching live-action movies. For a little while my interests were pretty broad, but they've quickly narrowed down. First it was movies in general, then Johnny Depp movies, then movies directed by Tim Burton that starred Johnny Depp, then Alice in Wonderland specifically.

My interests typically last a while, they don't shift as much as most of yours seem to...

I am fairly sure my first special interest was in animals, especially in the reptile family, particularly turtles. That lasted for several years... now a days, my special interests would probably be computers(hardware and software- I have a lot of parts) and certain astronomy topics(points to username), as I mentioned in my intro thread. I do have other strong interests, but I am not so sure they qualify as obsessions or special interests since I don't spend as much time with them. Coins, for instance. I think its one of those special interests that backed off... but I still know a lot about them, like key dates, grading, etc.

Mine are usually either people, programmes/films or just certain topics.
My people obsessions happen quite often, I remember in year 9 I had an obsession with a girl in my year, it started off me wanting to dress like her because I'd turned "emo" and she was one since year 8, then after that I kept looking at her and wishing she would talk to me. When it got to obsession stage she was all I thought about and I kept listening to all her conversations and considered it a triumph if she ever said one thing to be, and I was almost obsessive about her best friend as well, and ALL BECAUSE of how we dressed :wtf:

And that was like a sub-obsession to my special interest at the time which was music stereotypes like emo and chav and goth etc which lasted until early 2009.
I hate people obsessions though because I feel like some sort of creepy stalker even though I'm not stalking them just thinking about them.

Then I realized that a lot of just my natural curiosity about the world is taken to obsessive levels, sometimes I think up a question about how something works or some even in history, and I just can't really relax until I find it out. I can let go of it, but I would rather find out. Once I find out, I am often able to read this piece of information one single time and have it locking in my brain for forever.

Hey me too! If I want an answer to something I HAVE TO KNOW. And then I can't get it out of my head for ages.

@ antisocialite
those are really cool obsessions to have, skiing is awesome (i'm just rubbish at it) and guns, well firearms are just phenomenal, but thanks to uk gun law i don't have much experience in handling them, i have a collection of the casings from the 12 gauge (beretta silver pigeon)and the .22(cheap generic chinese inport rifle) that i shot though, im still fascinated by military stuff

New Threads

Top Bottom