• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What!? That makes sense!

LadyVon

I'm 47 mother of 3 boys married 20 years and just now realizing that I'm ASD. In fact, researching autism has become a new special interest! I believe I'm currently in a burnout state, hard to be in, but thankful because it raise some very familiar red flags which, in turn lead me to some amazing research and understanding of how Autism exhibits differently than the stereotypes, especially in women. I can now honestly say I'm hopeful for my future and looking forward to getting to know my TRUE self!

Glad this door opened up, and you perhaps feel free. And welcome to the forum. I learned about many things here, like stimming, which meant biting my lips, slapping the sides of my legs, fingering seams on clothes. Looking forward to your posts.

1698443158926.png

Hello and welcome.

I also have found that sometimes going through something really difficult actually can bring you through a process that leads to better understanding and more happiness in life. I’m glad you are with us and I hope we can be supportive to you.

Welcome! I’m in a similar boat. Just got diagnosed Monday (I’m 31 with an 18 month old son) and I’m still riding the rollercoaster of emotions from it, although so much of my childhood makes sense now.

Welcome! I’m in a similar boat. Just got diagnosed Monday (I’m 31 with an 18 month old son) and I’m still riding the rollercoaster of emotions from it, although so much of my childhood makes sense now.
I had a very difficult time adjusting after each child was born. Though it may seem like you are behind in understanding your past you're ahead of the game moving forward as a parent. Raising littles is hard. Continue to learn about your needs and how you can communicate them to other to avoid getting overwhelmed and feel isolated.

Welcome @LadyVon
Things will start making sense once you understand yourself better.
Being diagnosed, then learning certainly helped me.
I was 55 before I knew anything about Aspergers/Autism. :herb:

New Threads

Top Bottom