• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your nationality or ethnicity?

Jet Weiss

Incurably Weird
I apologise if some view this as too personal of a question.
On another forum I used to visit, there was a thread asking what nationality/ethnicity members were.
I know the population on this forum is fairly diverse and spans several countries, so I am curious as to where people are from, or if you are from the States, what ethnicity are you or which do you primarily identify with?

As for me, I currently live in the US, though my ethnicity is half German and half Faroese Danish (Faroe Islands), with my parents having being citizens of those respective countries. I identify primarily as Danish.

In typical Aspie fashion, I'm going to be literal: I'm an American in Paris.
Due to a technicality and long time spent in France, I have dual citizenship, but I can't manage to identify as French.
The good thing about being tagged "foreign" is that some of my quirks pass as cultural differences rather than neurological, so there's that. The not-so-good thing is that Americans aren't exactly super popular in France, but that dates back to both the French and American revolution. You might want to stop me now, because these are the first few words to a rant on the history of the anti-American sentiment in France, the brewing of which has been documented for over 200 years (hmm, I never realized that was an odd subject of interest).

I'm originally from Russia, but have been living in the United States for nearly 20 years with my mom and dad. All of my ancestors are Russian, and I'm an only child. My parents and I all moved here together and we've all been American citizens for over 4 years. I wasn't aware that I was on the spectrum back when I lived in Russia; the first time I've heard about autism was from a movie I've come across as a kid already here in America. I don't recall the title or what it was about, but it featured a red-headed autistic boy. My parents are both NT and I'm not even sure if I have any ancestors on the spectrum.

I'm in the States. I'm also of Danish descent. My family is also from Belgium and Norway. I recently connected with distant cousins/aunts/uncles in Europe and they all think I'm a European at my core. I would agree with that assessment.

I'm originally from Russia, but have been living in the United States for nearly 20 years with my mom and dad. All of my ancestors are Russian, and I'm an only child. My parents and I all moved here together and we've all been American citizens for over 4 years. I wasn't aware that I was on the spectrum back when I lived in Russia; the first time I've heard about autism was from a movie I've come across as a kid already here in America. I don't recall the title or what it was about, but it featured a red-headed autistic boy. My parents are both NT and I'm not even sure if I have any ancestors on the spectrum.
I can relate to your post.
I am an only child as well, and I have been in the United States for 10 years. I have lived in a few different countries.
The only family members aside from myself that I'm aware were on the spectrum were my dad (he had HFA) and a younger female cousin on my mum's side who lives in Denmark, and may or may not have Asperger's.

i
On another forum I used to visit, there was a thread asking what nationality/ethnicity members were.
I know the population on this forum is fairly diverse and spans several countries, so I am curious as to where people are from, or if you are from the States, what ethnicity are you or which do you primarily identify with?

As for me, I currently live in the US, though my ethnicity is half German and half Faroese Danish (Faroe Islands), with my parents having being citizens of those respective countries. I identify primarily as Danish.
i live in England IM ethnically very scottish borders in appearance (very germanic)
ancestors from Wales Scotland Ireland England

I myself am Martian. Though I do have some Scottish, Irish, British and German ancestry. So basically, I'm not even white, I'm translucent. The country (or city) I feel most at home in is Hong Kong, though I do quite like Australia as well.

So, everyone thus far seems to be either American or German. Wow, you'd wonder how we haven't started a third world war yet. ;)

Being German and Danish, I can relate to this all too well :D
he'd previously referring to going on holiday to aberdeen n.e.scotland and not wanting to go into the retaining your testicles inside yourself copd water
tannoy announcement 40 miles out in the north!sea to oil rig workers if you fall into /DONT go into the sea you will die!!!

It doesn't end with me being just translucent, I also am platinum blond and very pale blue eyes :p Think Draco Malfoy but slightly less evil :p
I don't tan, I transform into a lobster.

It doesn't end with me being just translucent, I also am platinum blond and very pale blue eyes :p Think Draco Malfoy but slightly less evil :p
I don't tan, I transform into a lobster.
same here apart from an area on my feet looking like very slightly tanned cooked chicken
DONT tan i burn sort of between cooked lobster and pepto bismol

I am British, but more specifically Welsh. I'm also white. No idea on ancestry really, some English (boo) and some German Jewish possibly, but nobody is really too sure.

xudo said boo England a sweeping generalisation that every person from England dislikes the Welsh

i identify with Scotland IM very close to the Scottish border

New Threads

Top Bottom