• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your dream job?

An artist so successful that I can live on a canal barge or in a gypsy caravan and just live all over the uk or even Europe, of course this isn't going to happen at least while the children are so young but hey I can dream :)

Well, you could still be the successful artist, just wait 'til the tots are older. But then, I knew a couple that raised two kids to school age on a boat in San Diego, it wasn't even a very big boat.

Well, you could still be the successful artist, just wait 'til the tots are older. But then, I knew a couple that raised two kids to school age on a boat in San Diego, it wasn't even a very big boat.
Thanks for the encouragement. Try five kids :) there are also all the mooring fees etc, not being allowed to moor your boat for long at all and other rules and regs that we have here. I am on a group on fb where people live off grid and self sufficiently so I enjoy seeing them achieving their dream. :) I am of gypsy ancestry 5 or 6 generations back so maybe explains my urge to wander around.

I would love to be a gardener in a traditional Japanese garden. Then I could prune plants, tend the moss, pick up leaves, and breathe the fresh air all day. I wouldn't need a therapist. :D

i would absolutely love to be a writer, travelling about the world, letting my internal worlds
spill out on to the pages, twisting the world that i see around me to some communion of
inside and outside worlds.

Video games designer, I'd kind of like to be the English Shigeru Miyamoto, the creator of the Super Mario games.

The best job I ever had was working in Silicon Valley as a website designer for a major entertainment software company.

Where long after the fact I figured that more than half of everyone who worked there was on the spectrum. :cool:

My dream job is to work for the railroad as a locomotive engineer.

i spent a year living in a tiny town which had kept a small stretch a rail track and had a
beautiful old steam train that the community would run most weekends, it was really
cool. my old place looked straight out over it which was kinda nice, except for the noise
oh **** when they blew the whistle it felt like having hundreds of marbles hammered
into my ears. you could have got a weekend gig as the engineer im sure.
it was a very pretty little place.

8948590_600x400.jpg

that's it.

My dream job would be working on machines ( my main obsession ) of all kinds and to work alone. I have been doing just that for almost fifty years. It is just perfect for a Aspie.

I try not to have dreams like that, it only leads to disappointment, at least to me. I just want to be a normal human being who isn't a burden on everyone.

I try not to have dreams like that, it only leads to disappointment, at least to me. I just want to be a normal human being who isn't a burden on everyone.
That is actually a good point in what you write which is to be content with what you have instead of always looking for more or better.

A well funded neuroscience researcher with time for travel. I'm hoping that's not pie in the sky because I'm halfway to being a Doctor of Neuroscience.

Time Lord, I could've been the 13th Doctor Who! :D

With either Paige or Therese from Neighbours as my Assistant.

New Threads

Top Bottom