• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is the worst video game you've ever played or seen in your life?

lol that Superman game looks empty and from that I can already tell it's flawed since there's nothing to do. And where's Superman saving the day?

Anyone played Naughty Bear? I've played it and I thought it was decent in terms of functionality and the overall idea of murdering kindergarden, stuffed bears. It was criticized for its repetitive gameplay, awful controls and camera - and plus awful online mode. It was even considered the worst game of 2010 at the year of its release. I remember playing it back in 2010, I haven't touched it in a while, but I thought it wasn't all that bad to be considered such a low and harsh title that is the "Worst Game of the Year". It even has been given the score of 43/100 for both of its console versions (PS3 and 360)

Its sequel however, "Panic in Paradise" released for both consoles again, received a slight improved score of 47/100 which is 4% higher. I've never played its sequel, but I bet it improved on something the predecessor has done wrong.

What do YOU think of Naughty Bear after watching the video above? If you've already played it before, what score would you give it out of 100? (Or 10, if you prefer) I would give it a 6/10, which isn't a really bad score, just average.
Kinda looks like Ted from the movie. Lol

Maybe not the absolute worst game that the AVGN has ever reviewed (probably marginally better than Crazy Bus at least), but the WTF factor in this one is hard to beat. The only music is a super-annoying endless 5-second loop from a Chinese propaganda song, you have to sit though the credits for the game every time you get killed before you have to start over and it shows you a picture of what looks like a real dead person whenever you get killed. :eek:

Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy for the Nintendo DS.
It was so full of bugs that it was pretty much unbeatable.

I see that Naughty Bear has already been mentioned. Awful game. Two Worlds on the Xbox 360 was practically unplayable on release. Buggy as all hell, crashed frequently, terrible voice acting, graphics not great (even at the time).

Not the worst of all time, but @VenomousAlbino preordered Lego Worlds for me, because I love Minecraft and Lego...so seemed a good purchase. Long story short, it was not.

It pains me to say this as I'm a BIG Xbox fan, but the original Halo was crap IMO, the single player Campaign mode was boring, and I found the split screen multi player mode confusing.

Also, Final Fantasy 7, 8 and 9, 7 in particular was massively overrated IMO, also, I rented Final Fantasy 13 on Xbox 360 a few years back, rented it for a week and took it back next day cos it was crap.

And finally, all of the Call of Duty games, second most overrated game franchise ever IMO, and Grand Theft Auto, also highly overrated, should've been kept Sony exclusive IMO.

Last edited:
I think the worst I played was back on ps1, Rocket Power, based on the Nickelodeon series I think it was horrible even for a ps1 era. I played it only because I was fan of the series but I feel kind of sad remember that game.

I think the worst I played was back on ps1, Rocket Power, based on the Nickelodeon series I think it was horrible even for a ps1 era. I played it only because I was fan of the series but I feel kind of sad remember that game.

Them graphics are rather creepy but I can't place why.. The unblinking eyes I think.

CS:GO. That's right. No, I've not played it... I dont need to. I watch alot of Youtubers do gaming stuffs while I'm having my meal, and the ones I watch can often make even genres I normally loathe entertaining, like JRPGs, which I cant stand but they can still be interesting to watch if the commentator is good enough.

But this? Holy crapsticks, Batman, this might be the single most unfathomably boring game I've ever seen. It's the first... and ONLY... one to cause me to actually start dozing off while watching. And normally, even if I'm tired, I never just fall asleep unless I'm actually in bed, so for a game to do that is quite the accomplishment indeed.

I mean, seriously... there's effectively ONE map in the game (because it's the only one anyone plays), and what passes for combat in it typically consists of A: walking, followed by B: insta-kills, and then either C: more walking, or D: loads of waiting if the player being watched is the one that lost the "fight". And then OMG GUNS GUNS GUNS and people flip out about whatever stupid weapons they got, or whatever, and uuuuuuuugh. Watching someone grind in Diablo-style games is more interesting than that. Doesnt matter if it's some low-level player, or some high level tournament, it's the same utter boredom and stale gameplay.

Other than that, any game with too many cutscenes. Which is to say, any game with any cutscenes. If it's story-focused, I automatically hate it. There's the occaisional extremely rare exception, but for the most part, just... bleh. No interest.

Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy for the Nintendo DS.
It was so full of bugs that it was pretty much unbeatable.
I never did beat it because it always crashed on the same level in Return of the Jedi. Every. Single. Time.

I'm also going to say Assassin's Creed 2, as it's the only game I've ever rage quit and it wasn't even down to difficulty. There was a cutscene where the character climbs a tower to see his family who have been arrested and finds out they're going to be executed... then the game kills all momentum by making me play a bunch of carnival "games" to win a golden mask as a disguise. If only my character didn't use stealth and wear the exact same clothes he always does, rendering the mask useless.
Guard 1: "Hey, isn't that the assassin guy we're supposed to be looking for?"
Guard 2: "Who?"
Guard 1: "That guy over there, the one headed to the building with an important public figure in it. There are wanted posters all around the city with his picture on it."
Guard 2: *looks at a poster* "Nah, it can't be him. See, that guy's wearing a gold mask that only covers his eyes and nose. The picture on the poster isn't wearing a mask."
Guard 1: "But it looks just li-"
Guard 2: "Dammit, Carlos, I said it's not him. Why would an assassin wear a gold mask anyway? That's a surefire way to make sure you draw attention to yourself. It would be the last thing you'd choose as a disguise."

Later

Guard 1: "Well the guy's dead. I guess I was right, but you wouldn't listen."
Guard 2: "Not this attitude again. This is exactly why your wife cheats on you."

So I got the mask, killed the target and then got in a fight with guards anyway because the mask is useless. Not only that but then a little later I end up in a mansion and the game wouldn't let me leave because I hadn't been collecting all the hidden codex, the only way to advance was to go back to previous areas and painstakingly look for them.

I turned off the game, sold it and the novel I bought and haven't touched anything with the Assassin's Creed name on it since. Stupid game.

Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast, most overrated pile of tosh I ever played, and I've been put off turn based combat ever since.

Driv3r.
I just remembered this one - it was such a bad game and the scandal story behind it has actually been nicknamed "Driv3rgate" as a result.

Here's the full Driv3rgate story if you're interested:

Duke Nukem Forever. I loved Duke Nukem 3d, and own plenty of different versions of it. Can't say the same for the latest game. It was a step back in a lot of ways. Slower, couldn't carry many weapons, levels with linear design, and most of all, Duke himself. His quotes seemed less properly timed or even less funny. The only thing in the game I laughed at was the jab at Halo.

So yeah, Duke Nukem Forever was the biggest disappointment for me.

Phantasy Star Online on the Dreamcast, most overrated pile of tosh I ever played, and I've been put off turn based combat ever since.

That sure doesnt sound like PSO... are you thinking of something else? PSO didnt HAVE turn-based combat. It was all real-time and had a Monster Hunter sort of feel to it. It's not a JRPG.

The core Phantasy Star games had turn-based combat, but they're COMPLETELY different things (as in, they're normal JRPGs, they're not online, and they're much older than PSO is) and the only thing that's shared is the name.

Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter. It completely destroyed the moral of the story for the first game and had a really depressing ending. I pretend that it doesn't exist.

New Threads

Top Bottom