• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is the worst movie you ever saw?

"After Earth" was pretty bad. Can't remember seeing such a stinker in recent times. Luckily for Will Smith he seems to have rebounded in his most recent film.

Dead Snow 2009 film

A party of eight Norwegian medical students travel to a remote Arctic mountain for an Easter weekend filled with skiing and relaxation. After one of their group disappears while on a solo cross-country hike, a mysterious local resident (Bjørn Sundquist) tells the remaining visitors that, in the waning days of World War II, a battalion of Nazi soldiers disappeared into the nearby woods after the residents turned on them, and that their zombified corpses remain on the prowl in the area.

I laughed through a good part of it, mainly because without even knowing the plot I could predict what would happen next in every minute of it. It was much too gory, too much blood spattering, it would serve well as a gruesome comedy.

Dead Snow 2009 film

A party of eight Norwegian medical students travel to a remote Arctic mountain for an Easter weekend filled with skiing and relaxation. After one of their group disappears while on a solo cross-country hike, a mysterious local resident (Bjørn Sundquist) tells the remaining visitors that, in the waning days of World War II, a battalion of Nazi soldiers disappeared into the nearby woods after the residents turned on them, and that their zombified corpses remain on the prowl in the area.

I laughed through a good part of it, mainly because without even knowing the plot I could predict what would happen next in every minute of it. It was much too gory, too much blood spattering, it would serve well as a gruesome comedy.
Sounds like my kinda movie!

Sometimes even the most ridiculous movies have their virtues. I even like the old Godzilla movies with the obvious plastic monsters, they make me laugh so much.
The truly ridiculous ones, with the low budgets and childlike simplicity of their creators, do have their merits.
What bugs me are the high budget, sleek, "good" movies that actually aren't, where the beginning makes it seem like the movie might be good, and halfway through the movie, (as the characters motivations still never make sense, and you dislike all of them, and the plot also makes no sense-good characters can carry a bad plot, but characters who you dislike make a bad plot disastrous) you realize it actually isn't. E.g. Prometheus.

The truly ridiculous ones, with the low budgets and childlike simplicity of their creators, do have their merits.
What bugs me are the high budget, sleek, "good" movies that actually aren't, where the beginning makes it seem like the movie might be good, and halfway through the movie, (as the characters motivations still never make sense, and you dislike all of them, and the plot also makes no sense-good characters can carry a bad plot, but characters who you dislike make a bad plot disastrous) you realize it actually isn't. E.g. Prometheus.

I'm still puzzled by Hollywood creating plots involving massive numbers of characters to dislike. "Mad Men" gone wild? I admit, I watched the series to it's conclusion, but always felt uncomfortable about it. As if I was a voyeur at a train wreck. Perhaps they're trying to tap into the Schadenfreude appeal. I'm not really sure.

I watched the first of the Peter Jackson Hobbit films. First of all, why it needs to be a trilogy all of a sudden is beyond me. Second of all, the reintroduction of the Radagast character was done terribly. I have known since high school that Radagast existed at some point in Tolkien's universe, and I got to say, maybe he was cut out for a reason? Then the bit where the mountains literally stand up and fight with each other just...bothers me. It's been a while since I read the book, and I don't recall if it was in there, but seeing it on the screen was just way too silly.

Perhaps if the soundtrack and visual presentation weren't working so hard to establish a serious epic tone, some of it might have worked out--some of the events in the original book are quite silly as I recall, but even if there had been an ounce of consistency in the presentation, the guy getting pooped on by a bird would still have been unnecessary.

Also, he decided for some reason to tell us about things that we didn't find out about until LOTR. I mean, yes, they were going on at this time, but they weren't part of the Hobbit story. I don't know if Peter Jackson is aware of this, but sometimes things can happen in the same universe that aren't part of the same story. It seems strange, perhaps, but yes, you are actually allowed to do that in fiction.

Polar Express has to be the worst movie I have ever seen. Which is strange because it has Tom Hanks in it, and he's a personal favourite

The Dark Knight movies, nothing really happens, they just talk throughout the whole movie it's so boring
I agree with the boring bit but I tried to give the dark knight a chance since everybody was raving about it so I watched the movie twice and still didn't like it.

I agree with the boring bit but I tried to give the dark knight a chance since everybody was raving about it so I watched the movie twice and still didn't like it.
I enjoyed Heath Ledger's Joker. And that movie also had Morgan Freeman in it, whose voice is like honey. And that's all I really remember.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of Christopher Nolan's Batman films either. The only thing I did like regarding them was the music video "The Dark Knight" done by the band Holy Light of Demons.

I'm sure there are many that will disagree with me, but I absolutely disliked "1984." We originally set out to see "Rambo II," but it was sold out. The only other interesting thing playing was "1984." We sat through the entire movie hoping it would get better. By the time it was over, I felt totally drained; some parts were just too intense.

No surprise, but the book was far better than the movie. Usually is. ;)

That's for sure. The movie made me uncomfortable from the very start. I'm sure that was the entire purpose; to bring the viewer into that nightmare, but I didn't like it at all.

George Orwell wrote both Animal Farm and 1984 as blistering criticisms of totalitarianism. And of course it gave Hollywood license to make it yet another dystopian future film...a genre which is almost always disturbing.

Yeah, if you want a light time at the movies, you don't want it based on anything Orwell likely wrote. ;)

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy was crap IMO, as were all of the Hobbit movies. Also the Matrix trilogy was also crap IMHO.

And finally James Cameron's Avatar, one of THE most overrated piles of crap ever created, just WHAT was it about?

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy was crap IMO, as were all of the Hobbit movies. Also the Matrix trilogy was also crap IMHO.

And finally James Cameron's Avatar, one of THE most overrated piles of crap ever created, just WHAT was it about?

I was forced to watch the whole Lord of the Rings Trilogy with my Dad and brother. What made it worse (aside from the fact I wasn't interested to begin with) was that it was the extended versions and they dragged on for what felt like forever. :(
As the Hobbit movies, the only thing I liked about them was Smaug - due to my fascination with Dragons and other mythical creatures. As such, I just watched the scenes with Smaug and then turned off the films.

Never seen the Matrix films with the exception of one fight scene that I watched during my Media course in college and I do agree that Avatar was pretty over-hyped. Visually it looked beautiful but in terms of story it wasn't anything spectacular.

New Threads

Top Bottom