• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is the scariest film you've ever seen?

Andrew_Collins

What is Bramble?
When I was just twelve mum hired "the exorcist " out for us to watch, i was so terrified i said a prayer that jesus would save my soul from the devil that night, the scene where the mother is walking home and leaves are flying everywhere and the tubular bells soundtrack is playing really gives me the chills.

The next scary film i saw was "The howling" i watched alone aged 14 and the scene where a man and woman are making love by the fire and change form was quite scary.

Then I saw a film in dutch called "spoorloos" ( The Vanishing) about a dutch guy and his girlfriend who were traveling through France, then the girlfriend gos missing. The whole film shows her boyfriend searching for her and it keeps cutting to the murderers point of view. The ending was extremely scary, as it made you think this could happen.

These were my top three scary films that was until an ex friend showed me a horrific film called "Hostel" about a group of elites who enjoyed hunting down innocents and torturing them for fun. I found this film very disturbing as it made me think this could happen in real life.

Ive also seen some very wierd Japanese horror films, but i prefer suspense over gore. Another weird film i saw once was "the wicked nuns of monzat" there was a scene in this were they walled a nun up alive for breaking the rules, that always chilled me to the bone.

Please tell me what are the scariest films you have seen?

Last edited:
When I was just twelve mum hired "the exorcist " out for us to watch, i was so terrified i said a prayer that jesus would save my soul from the devil that night, the scene where the mother is walking home and leaves are flying everywhere and the tubular bells soundtrack is playing really gives me the chills.

The next scary film i saw was "The howling" i watched alone aged 14 and the scene where a man and woman are making love by the fire and change form was quite scary.

Then I saw a film in dutch called "spoorloos" ( The Vanishing) about a dutch guy and his girlfriend who were traveling through France, then the girlfriend gos missing. The whole film shows her boyfriend searching for her and it keeps cutting to the murderers point of view. The ending was extremely scary, as it made you think this could happen.

These were my top three scary films that was until an ex friend showed me a horrific film called "Hostel" about a group of elites who enjoyed hunting down innocents and torturing them for fun. I found this film very disturbing as it made me think this could happen in real life.

Ive also seen some very wierd Japanese horror films, but i prefer suspense over gore. Another weird film i saw once was "the wicked nuns of monzat" there was a scene in this were they allied a nun up alive for breaking the rules, that always chilled me to the bone.

Please tell me what are the scariest films you have seen?
I don't usually get scared of movies, just grossed out. So the one I would pick would have to be House of 1,000 Corpses, by Rob Zombie.

I hated that with the shadows (I think) and the sudden walking down the stairs like she did. Those were scary jump scares :/ The rest of the movie had a really creepy and scary atmosphere going for it that modern horror movies are lacking now-a-days.

I also remember the Poltergeist movie with the chair scene ... I also hated that clown scene very much, which is the reason why I hate inanimate objects with a face :( Freddy Kruger movies didn't really give me nightmares and I remember actually conquering him once in a dream. I'm weird like that where I love having nightmares of zombies and surviving a mob of them.

I don't usually get scared of movies, just grossed out. So the one I would pick would have to be House of 1,000 Corpses, by Rob Zombie.

That seems to sum up horror movies now-a-days, either their gory and gross or really disturbing ... There was this one trailer for some horror movie that came out around Christmas last year that had me and my dad laughing our ****** off because of this one over-the-top moment in the trailer XD

Last edited by a moderator:
I can get way into thrillers if they're well done, but for some reason, horror films never scare me. The most frightened I've ever been watching a film, I think, was during one of the scenes in Pan's Labyrinth (if you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about).

I can get way into thrillers if they're well done, but for some reason, horror films never scare me. The most frightened I've ever been watching a film, I think, was during one of the scenes in Pan's Labyrinth (if you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about).
I used to love "Hammer house of horror" in the 80s and Roald Dahls "Tales of the unexpected", they usually had a dark chilling twist in them, they have inspired me to write 12 of my own short stories but i haven't finished them all yet. The Twighlight Zone was also excellent and I'm grateful they are all uploaded on YouTube.

I hated that with the shadows (I think) and the sudden walking down the stairs like she did. Those were scary jump scares :/ The rest of the movie had a really creepy and scary atmosphere going for it that modern horror movies are lacking now-a-days.

I also remember the Poltergeist movie with the chair scene ... I also hated that clown scene very much, which is the reason why I hate inanimate objects with a face :( Freddy Kruger movies didn't really give me nightmares and I remember actually conquering him once in a dream. I'm weird like that where I love having nightmares of zombies and surviving a mob of them.
I think they edited the scene where she runs backwards down the stairs out. It was her voice that frightened me. Whenever i see autumn leaves blowing around on a cold day i always think of that scene when her mum is walking home not knowing the demon is in her daughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Day After, because it's plausible (or at least it was in 1983).

I agree, honestly the most frightening movie I've ever seen. Plus it probably didn't help that I watched it when I was probably 11.

I have it on DVD. There was also "Threads" and "Testament" that were nuclear apocalypse movies. There was a British movie of the same genre, but I can't recall the name.

As for the scariest movie I have ever seen, I'd have to say, "The Exorcist." The next would be "Jaws" followed by "Alien."
Haha I watched threads just last year on youtube, it was filmed in Sheffield, I remember watching it in 1984 when it was on tv,,,, everyone was scared as hell as we thought it was really gonna happen ( Nuclear war)

I have it on DVD. There was also "Threads" and "Testament" that were nuclear apocalypse movies. There was a British movie of the same genre, but I can't recall the name.

As for the scariest movie I have ever seen, I'd have to say, "The Exorcist." The next would be "Jaws" followed by "Alien."
Day of the triffids was creepy written by john wyndham, also the kids show chockey was chilling about a boy who is an alien contactee, he the alien is asking him questions about life on earth, then the boy gets super intelligent and starts building a free energy device.

When my dad was thirteen or so, he worked shoveling coal for a local cinema. He snuck up and watched The Exorcist and I think it might have scarred him for a very long time. :)

Funny thing, though. I watched The Exorcist not too long ago. I thought it was an excellent film yet it did not frighten me in the least (in line, I suppose, with what I said earlier about not being scared by horror flicks).

The only one I can think of is an animated film called, I think, When The Wind Blows. It's definitely British - is that it?

When I was six, my mother took me to see the release of George Romero's Night of the Living Dead. For a six-year-old in 1968, this was horrifically frightening, and I slept with my mother for weeks (maybe months) afterwards. What was she thinking? o_O After that, very little scared me. Two exceptions were the Twilight Zone episode Nightmare at 20,000 Feet with William Shatner (I think I jumped 20,000 feet when the monster's face was pressed against the airplane window) and The Exorcist.

The scariest movie I've seen as an adult is The Ring. It's more of a feeling I get from the imagery in the film rather than what actually happens in it.

One of the scariest things I watched was a short story. I don't remember if it was a movie or TV series. But this guy inherits a mansion and he's urged to donate it as a historical artifact to the town, because many of the town's ancestors were forced to build the mansion and many of them died in the process. The guy scoffs at it, and keeps the mansion for himself. He finds it really odd that there are lightbulbs all over the place and his uncle (or whoever it was) was terrified of the dark. Well, the angry spirits of the dead take the form of shadows, and destroy things where there is no light. He accidentally gets a shadow on his face and his eyes get really messed up. The short story ends with him sitting in the old guy's chair, clutching his cane, and telling his servant "Are the lightbulbs lit? I do not like the dark. Do not leave me alone in the dark." I jumped at shadows for weeks after that. Partially because my eyesight is really bad, so when my contacts are out, shadows do dance across the floor.

Tremors gave me nightmares for years. It's one of my favorite movies though, I have a Tremors marathon every so often.

I get grossed out before anything else on other movies. The nastier it is, the less impressed and disgusted I get. Especially if it has a bad guy that delights in violence, like this one movie of this couple who gets attacked and then tortured by masked people who think it's fun. It just makes me grumpy.

New Threads

Top Bottom