• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you think is the most overrated movie franchise of all time?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
For me it's a toss up between The Matrix trilogy or all of the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies.

Thoughts?

Agreed on Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, although that may be just because I couldn't get into those movies.

Out of those two, I'd say the matrix

Gosh yes. Loved the first one, could not get to the end of the second, lost interest.

I think the Alien Trilogy was so promising. They managed to do two GREAT movies, throw it all away in the third, and make the fourth as an example that yes, there can be too many screenwriters.

On the other hand, I loved all three of Lord of the Rings, but then, they were working with great material that gave them all three stories. That's the real problem with a lot of franchises: running out of material.

I'm going to catch hell for this, but I'd say the Christopher Nolan Batman reboots.

The Dark Knight, in particular, really bothered me. I like the idea of portraying complex moral dilemmas, but in this film, it was shoved right down my throat, so on-the-nose it was--instead of making you think, it did all the thinking for me, out loud...and I didn't even agree with some of it!

Having seen a couple of other Christopher Nolan films, that seems to me his modus operandi. Inception and Interstellar were both very enjoyable, but I also found them quite forgettable.

Then again, I have a problem with superhero movies in general...I prefer it when the visual (and editing) styles, and the dialogue, are able to translate at least some of the comic book feel to the screen. I guess that's why I liked Guillermo del Toro's Blade II and Hellboy movies, and Deadpool, to be so much more satisfying.

The Christopher Nolan batman movies,I really try to give the dark knight a chance because everyone was raving about it being a great movie but I was unable to enjoy it,it was boring and didn't like the fact that it didn't feel like a comic book movie I even watched it twice to see if I'm missing something but no didn't like it at all.

I don't see how The Matrix trilogy can be seen as overrated when common opinion is that 2 of the 3 movies aren't very good. The Hobbit trilogy also gets a fair amount of criticism.

I like the Lord of the Rings movies but I wouldn't say they're anywhere near the "classic masterpiece" title people seem to give them. Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy and Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy also go too much love.

Harry Potter
Lord of the Rings
Hunger Games
Scary Movie
Fast and the Furious
Transporter

New Threads

Top Bottom