• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Body wash/Hygiene products do you guys use...

Imaginatively_Cute

Eternity_Dreamers
I'll start first, My stuff comes from dollar tree.

I usually use 3 in 1 products from various brands.

I plan on switching to AXE with Cremo shampoo.

Attachments

• 81519501460-001.jpg
    81519501460-001.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 7106AfVSojL.jpg
    7106AfVSojL.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Power-Stick-3-in-1-1.jpg
    Power-Stick-3-in-1-1.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 48
Sappo Hill unscented oatmeal soap bars or Vitacost unscented castille soap.
I have extremely sensitive skin that doesn't tolerate chemicals or fragrances, and am very sensitive to smells. Most scented things give me headache or nausea

Dollar Tree keeps me sane.

So many basic consumer products found that don't carry more typically exorbitant prices.

They get the job done, so I don't spend much thought on brand names. :cool:

Citrus and tee tree body wash from Trader Joe’s, Summer’s Eve, some type of luxury face wash from Marshall’s, Head & Shoulders hair shampoo, and medicated shampoo for my eczema (it’s on my face and my scalp among other places, like my shoulders and my ear canals.)

For my body, diluted castile soap (Dr. Bronner's and the like). For hair, whatever my wife currently has (I keep my hair/beard very short so as long as it isn't soap I don't care). Right now is Pantene Pro-V. And something for the face, also wife's choice.

I tend to buy whatever is on offer for body wash. For face wash I go with something for sensitive skin. For my hair, I use Nizoral for my scalp issues. But recently it hasn't been having much effect. Mind you, I'm moving back to healthier eating, quitting smoking and undergoing a radical career change. All of which I hope will help with my general health & wellbeing, including my skin and scalp.

Ed

Lano shower soap, it doesn't contain parabens, dyes or perfume and the pH value is similar to the skin's pH. And Moroccanoil shampoo.

lano.pngshampoo.png

Head and Shoulders shampoo for my hair. Whatever random soap happens to be available for the rest of me. If I had eczema or a special sensitivity, I might opt for something specific, but I don't.

At the sink and shower, whatever my wife buys.

Around the house doing work/chores or taking care of the dogs (and birds) I use whatever I can find close at hand. Like if I need to clean my hands in the basement I might grab the laundry spot cleaner and a paper towel. It's a cleaner right? In the kitchen I clean up wish dish soap. ;D

I only use products that aren’t tested on animals. I also have very sensitive skin, so I need to be careful with the products I use to avoid allergic reactions – and that often requires unscented products as essential oils can be harsh to me.

I also use Dr. Bronner’s unscented liquid Castile soap – mainly to make shampoo for my hair (I also use it to make dish soap). I use their unscented bar soap for washing and bathing.

Some products I have to order on-line, like DeodoMom deodorant. It’s the only kind I’m not allergic to that works. I also order Naturopathica chamomile cleansing milk for washing my face. There are some stores near me that carry it, but it’s easier to just order it.

I was using Hugo Naturals moisturizing conditioner for a while, but it’s been discontinued. So I’m now searching for another kind.

Borax dissolved in warm water, to wash and condition my hair.

Borax soak for soft skin, at nearly every bath.

To cleanse my skin I use One With Nature, Lilac scented Dead Sea Salt bar soap.

After I wash my hair, I add two tiny drops of extra virgin olive oil to my nape, and massage it down the underside of my hair, to the tips. This helps with conditioning, curl definition, and detangling.

Then I spritz my hair, ever so lightly with a very light dilution of amber and sandalwood essential oils.

About every three months, I like to henna my hair. It gives my hair a bright copper shine, and it also loosens my curl pattern, and makes my hair very soft.

Deodorant- it really depends. If it's warm out or I'm going to be exercising excessively, I use Lady Speed Stick fresh antiperspirant. But if it's not very warm, I use Toms of Maine natural deodorant.

I use a remineralizing, detoxing toothpaste made of bentonite clay, colloidal silver, sea salt, and spearmint oil.

My mouthwash is made from water, everclear, hydrogen peroxide, sea salt, and peppermint oil.

I have very sensitive, pale skin, so I always wear some kind of lotion or salve. Today it's Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom. And on the more sensitive skin, I used a natural calendula salve.

Sunscreen, on the brightest days, is a natural zinc oxide, massaged into the skin until it's invisible.

I normally use Old Spice body wash, American Crew shampoo, and whatever aftershave I can get that is not an overpowering scent.

To continue, I use Osea Ocean Lotion on my arms, because I have eczema. I have several dermatologic problems and I have to apply different creams, gels, and ointments to my skin every day.

I always need sunscreen in hot weather. I use Nurture My Body baby sunscreen. It’s the only kind I’m not allergic to. It also leaves a film and makes me look like a ghost.

I make laundry detergent from a mixture of shampoo, borax, and water.
I sometimes make my own toothpaste. On the rare occasion I do dishes with the dishwasher (normally I do by hand) I make my own dishwash powder as well. :) I may try this for laundry.

New Threads

Top Bottom