• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what are your special gifts?

A musical ability, an artistic eye and incredible memory. I can recall conversations and events from my whole life, often stunning the other people who were there at the time with my recall

Less popular "gifts" : Annoying people :D And finding errors. Forgetting names (including my mother-in-law). Forgetting to eat.

More popular "gifts": "Fixing things", esp electronics, computers, the internet. Being a good scapegoat (my poor social skills mean I rarely notice it's happened).

"Special Gifts" - I can analyse huge amounts of scientific data really easily, spot patterns, create new theories etc without much effort. I've presented it at scientific conferences, and had potential buyers for some of the ideas - so it's real, honest :p The stuff I produce is well received, though unfortunately I'm not! So this gift is a bit limited, and my social eccentricity means most people just ignore me at the minute (i'm now working as a doctor, rather than a scientist - doctors are a little bit too "cool" for me!). I'm a bit like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

Writing software as what I write is normally stable. I am also good finding other people bugs and providing an solution.

Gifts?

Reading and writing.
School and classes, top 3 if not #1 in academic rank.

Long term memory is decent! Short term memory is... What were we talking about?

Fixing things like cars, electrical systems, stuff around the house. People are always asking me to help with this or fix that :/

Understanding most mechanical things and concepts like how electricity works and how to use it.

Pi$$ing people off, making a mess, overreacting. Minimal to no effort required here, these are my savant skills.

Gliding through traffic like Nascar! Sometimes.

polishing written words/text/content (when not typing on my phone)

The greatest gift has been, for the most part almost achieving the "American Dream" having a house, two cars and a truck, three beautiful daughters, and a few people who love me.

NTness! Especially sarcasm, which won't help me here :D, but I've been told I should be a comedian - several times. Go figure. NT's will laugh at anything. :rolleyes: Waldo never laughs at my jokes - that's how I know he's Aspie. ;)

Reiki. I've sensed & worked with energy since I was tiny. I naturally have some special abilities with Reiki. Reiki is a type of energy healing.

Computer science and ethical hacking.
All self taught which I'm very proud of
Considering.I struggle to get jokes lol

Photography (I am told), writing (I am told), singing (I am told) and I seem to be able to easily pick up metaphors, themes etc in literature which means I did not need to study hardly at all to get my English exams.

Sadly, I do not feel gifted because I am not working, and thus have been lately struggling with overwhelming feelings of just being a useless waste of space.

An attention to detail, which does good for me art. :D

10394022_708974535852130_1977171388557734374_n.jpg

I don't know if i am a real savant, I don't know how you measure such a thing, but I seem to do certain things at a much higher level, of course I make up for it else ware as I am truly rotten at a whole lot of normal stuff. My gifts which so far haven't helped me much, are a high level of logic,(wicked), which drives people crazy, strong pattern and visualization ability, atoms swerling in head, and and a wicked ability to spot seamingly unrelated links using free assosiative memory. These things do not make me popular, scare people, usually have to hide them some what, as people feel threatened by them, which I should have remembered before coming on site. But I get tired of holding my guard up all the time. (sigh) These may be Auti traits as am 1/2 1/2

This is going to sound weird or maybe superficial but I am great at washing dishes (and I like it). I am super fast which surprises people. Like really fast. And I get them clean! I look in the sink and determine where things are going to go in the rack and how as a group I can manipulate them to make the most use of the space. I always follow the same general pattern of stacking. When I wash a dish or utensil, I have a system and a rhythm. I move quickly, get every surface clean and can feel if I have left anything in a smooth and very fast process. While doing them I am in the zone.

Some other stuff (which others have mentioned): sifting through large data sets and seeing patterns; spacial rotation tasks; taking complex topics and translating them so they make sense to people without a high level of knowledge on the topic; N-S-E-W orientation; and a somewhat spooky way of knowing the time without looking at a watch.

Determination and willpower are really the only things I consider worthy about myself. Nobody else sees them though.

I've gone through extreme personality changes simply because I wanted to be a certain way. I visualized becoming this nice person so much I can honestly say I'm better with people now by such a longshot.

I'm not that interested in doing a ton of things, and if I don't /want/ to do something, it won't get done. But when I really want something, nothing can stop me.

That's my only "gift". I don't have any unique talents or special traits. However, I'm very proud to bear this one simply because it guarantees me whatever traits, talents, etc I want. I just wish other people would see and cheer me on sometimes ;____; But nobody notices/care/etc.

The ability to shut out the world while reading.
Holding on to useless trivia that I heard only once, but failing to remember the names and faces of my neighbours.
Total dedication to my interests, of which the downfall is that those are short-lived.

This thread just popped up on my screen and so, despite how long ago, you posted, I shall add my worth to the pile.

I found much to my surprise that I am very good at needle work ie cross stitching and discovered this, in my early 30's. Before then, I felt I was useless at everything.

I do have a very good memory and am not too bad with electronics; I can figure out how to get around them and often called on, to show others.

I have a wide vocabulary, but amongst aspies on here, I am very deficient in this department.

I certainly am not the type of character that everyone would gasp at in amazement with her outstanding talent lol and besides, I would hide, for I hate being looked at.

Oh and I do seem to have an uncanny ability with psychology!

New Threads

Top Bottom