• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are you future plans to help the Aspie Communitty?

matt000333

I was just wondering if anyone else besides me has future plans to help the Aspie community I plan on making enough money in the future to donate a 1 year check to people waiting on SSI so they can get their lives back together.

Social Security Income or Social Security Insurance? Because right now I'm focusing on helping a friend get on the insurance, they don't really need the income.

Most of my plans revolve around showing that people on the spectrum are capable of not only being partners, but having children and families. And somehow making resources for fellow clueless Aspies on working with their strengths and weaknesses instead of against them as they raise a family.

For me, it's just raising awareness. At my school, I'll be writing a newspaper article soon on Asperger's to spread the word and help people understand it better.

I used to have many social/anxiety issues. Over the years that list has shrunk from me trying all kinds of different strategies and found ones that worked for me. :)
So if anything, I might write that as a story. Not necessarily a book, though who knows, but at least some story, maybe on here and other asperger's sites/blogs/facebook pages. :D
And maybe the techniques I used could inspire or help others out. :) Who knows? :p

I want to plan and organize the first off-world Aspie Colony. I can't actually go myself though because of questionable coffee resupply issues. And well, frankly also because it is dangerous. But I have been working on that and attempting to communicate with ants. If I can succeed and get them on board it will be a joint Aspie/Ant mission, with ants providing maintenance and security and the people in charge of weekly talent shows (for morale - ants get depressed easily) . The first expedition will consist of 1 gross Aspies and 2.54 million ants. I even have the perfect place picked out. An earth-like planet named Croatoan in the Gamma quadrant.

AsheSkyler, you rock! You absolutely are wonderful! What a beautiful goal! Please consider yourself cyber (((Hugged))) today. :) Families, partnerships, and building connections are so important. WE have a lot to offer. Thank you for sharing this goal.:rose:

This is a bit tricky at the moment because I'm not yet out of the closet about having AS, I don't have a lot of money or resources, and I'm so worn down after work that I don't have much energy. I would like, in the near future, to make donations to deserving ASD causes, this site for example, and in the long run I'd like to take some action to raise awareness of ASD in this country - perhaps give public lectures or set up a forum, because here there is nothing... but I don't know how I'd go about doing that. In the future it might be possible, but there are too many obstacles to overcome right now.

This is a bit tricky at the moment because I'm not yet out of the closet about having AS, I don't have a lot of money or resources, and I'm so worn down after work that I don't have much energy. I would like, in the near future, to make donations to deserving ASD causes, this site for example, and in the long run I'd like to take some action to raise awareness of ASD in this country - perhaps give public lectures or set up a forum, because here there is nothing... but I don't know how I'd go about doing that. In the future it might be possible, but there are too many obstacles to overcome right now.
I believe that the best thing I can do for the community is to come out as an Aspie. I have done that at my workplace. Although it has benefitted me personally, it also demonstrates to others that Aspies do not have three heads, can function in a professional environment, and can even be friendly (in their own unique way). Some people even prefer my company to that of the NTs. It's good for the world, and good for us, if the world can see that we are not a threat or problem of some kind. Although if that doesn't work out in the long run, I'm moving to Croatan.

I feel I already done a huge contribution for this site alone.

To extend things, I would like to have an organization in the future to help the Aspie community to find meaningful jobs. I mean, many people don't want to do minimum wage and other low end jobs. I know there many of us have lots of talent and can do much more. I'm making a goal to do this before the end of this decade.

So far, I am volunteering for two organizations, and all I can do is to help raise awareness about what I have, and to help enlighen people about why I am unique, and why we are all that way.

Well, I'm already working in the field of disability services. While most people with apsergers would not fall under our prevue I am beginning to grow quite passionate about the human rights angle of my job and working toward more inclusive communities for people of all abilities. I can't say I have a plan at this moment other than expanding my knowledge and learning from my mentors.

We're in the process of getting charity status for a "hub" for Autism & Aspergers in St Helens, Merseyside, UK - Autism & Aspergers Society, 2nd Floor, Tontine House, St Helens - initially it will be a drop-in support / info centre, and we hope to start social events when we have enough regulars to make it feasible.

New Threads

Top Bottom