• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Undiagnosed and unsure

Neramo

Hi. Just joined this forum, cause i think i might have aspergers. I work with e-mail/web administration and support. My interests are C-programming, the Universe and gaming.

Atm i'm just checking around on this forum and YouTube movies. Basically trying to figure out if there's reasons to go and check with my doctor, or if it might just be something i imagine atm.

Reasons i think i might have aspergers is: I'm socially awkward, and got problem making new friends. Usually not talking in groups, and when i do, i usaully ends up interrupting someone. Quite often have conversesions in my head, and usually thinking in english instead of my native language. Startet training on smiling in front of a mirror a while ago, cause i weren't sure if i fake smiled correctly or just looked scary :D There's other reasons too, but don't wanna make this post too long.

Hi Helga, welcome to Aspie Central Site...

There are free, online self testing Asperger's questionnaires available on the web that can be completed & used to indicate possible Asperger's or Autistic Spectrum features. I have tried these a couple times since my original formal diagnosis & found not much difference in the diagnosis outcomes, so that might be a good place to start maybe? In UK, you can ask your Doctor to refer you but resources are not always great & there can be a long time between referral & actual assessment. All The Best :)

Hi & Welcome,
You can look up a list of common autistic behaviors and also take free online tests to help your investigation.

Welcome aboard :)
image.jpg

Thanks for the replies. Been doing a test make by Simon Baron-Cohen. Found it quite difficult to answer that kind of questions. Scored 32 wich indicates asperges. Only problem is i'm pretty sure it's the same test i scored 25 points on 2 days ago, wich only indicates shows autistic tendencies slightly above the population average:confused: In that case, my average is probably borderline indication:p

Still unsure, but i think i wait i few days before i decide whether to check with a doctor or not. Even though i got some of the symptoms, it could be that i'm just overreacting after watching to many youtube movies and reading to much on internet.

Welcome to the forums!

Worth pointing out, AS isn't the only thing that affects socialization. ADHD can also disrupt conversations and social functioning because of issues with attention and excitability. It is hard to focus on other people's boring conversations, for example, and there might always be an exciting new idea waiting for you to express. AS by contrast may involve trouble interpreting body language, tone of voice, facial expressions, and similar aspects of nonverbal communication. I don't recall the full list, but it's things of that nature. Your own attempts to communicate with other people will also be misunderstood, sometimes in similar ways and for similar reasons.

ADHD can even involve hyperfocus which muddies the water even further, but I don't think it has the same sort of unusual and sustained interests as AS.

Thanks for your reply. Will look more into that. Didn't know about the hyperfocus part of ADHD. Feels that those i know with ADHD are a bit different than me, but guess there can be lots of variation of ADHD aswell as Aspergers.

Thanks for your reply. Will look more into that. Didn't know about the hyperfocus part of ADHD. Feels that those i know with ADHD are a bit different than me, but guess there can be lots of variation of ADHD aswell as Aspergers.
It was a surprise to me too. I mostly hung out on aspie forums and didn't really check out ADHD until a few years ago. I was surprised, but it still made sense. Because I am different from a lot of aspies, even though I am majorly spergy in a lot of different ways. But I am also different from ADHD'ers even though it fits me very well. Which is why I got diagnosed with both.

Having to practice smiling sounds a bit spergy too. But I think it's fair to consider alternatives.

Checked with my doctor, and he don't think i'm ADHD:) Hurray, i'm normal :D
Except for Forgetfulness, impuslitifity, poor self image, emotional problems, restlessness and anxiety and Relationships issiues, i don't have many ADHD symptoms. Ateast i'm not hyperactive. He thought i might have ADD though. Hope to find out though, cause i'd like to know what i'm struggle with. Seems like more then just being shy.

Went to my first meet with a psychologist today, and kinda made a fool of myself :oops:

My psychologist is a female, and since it were my first visits it were 2 of'em. I knew beforehand that both of'em were females, and the one i could look up on Facebook before the visit, were pretty hot (the other one looked good too, but didn't know that before the visit). So obviously wanted to look presentable. Had just shaved and cut my hair just a few days ago, and wore a nice shirt, so atleast i felt that i looked presentable.

Anyway, later after returning to the job, i had to go to the toilet and looked at myself at the mirror. Then i noticed, i had messed off when i buttoned the shirt. The right side of the shirt were 1 button higher then the left side.

I usually take of my shirt at work, because it can get kinda hot with a shirt on. Were really nervous when it came close to visiting the psychologists, so i guess that's didn't help when it came to buttoning my shirt. Anyway i wanted to look presentable, but i think i messed that up :D

Last edited:
Went to my first meet with a psychologist today, and kinda made a fool of myself :oops:

My psychologist is a female, and since it were my first visits it were 2 of'em. I knew beforehand that both of'em were females, and the one i could look up on Facebook before the visit, were pretty hot (the other one looked good too, but didn't know that before the visit). So obviously wanted to look presentable. Had just shaved and cut my hair just a few days ago, and wore a nice shirt, so atleast i felt that i looked presentable.

Anyway, later after returning to the job, i had to go to the toilet and looked at myself at the mirror. Then i noticed, i had messed off when i buttoned the shirt. The right side of the shirt were 1 button higher then the left side.

I usually take of my shirt at work, because it can get kinda hot with a shirt on. Were really nervous when it came close to visiting the psychologists, so i guess that's didn't help when it came to buttoning my shirt. Anyway i wanted to look presentable, but i think i messed that up :D

Hey, it can happen to anyone. :)

Aaaww... :) Know that one many times over :)

Most recently, I ran into a shop to buy a cooler top to wear before I started a bus journey to an appointment on a very hot day. I found one quick, tried it on in the fitting rooms then wore it to the counter so's it could be speedy-scanned & paid for, before my bus came. Took the receipt & left & got my bus. Soon as I sat down, I could feel something digging my back; it was the store security tag, which hadn't activated any alarm in the shop when I left. I traveled my 30 miles journey & went into the same brand store, different town, to ask if they could remove the security tag. I no longer had the receipt so they tried to phone the original store to confirm sales but the line was busy. Fearing my imminent appointment would be affected, I ran to an ATM to get a mini statement to show the transaction was real but the ATM was not working. Returning to the shop hot, sweaty & stressed, they had managed to contact the original store, confirmed the sale & removed the tag. I flashed my Autism Alert card to the sales assistant before I left; it's the mile-a-minute-mind-not-seeing-stuff-properly I struggle with, a lot, so Helge you are not alone here!! :)

Hey, it can happen to anyone. :)
Thanks. Don't happen often, just think the timing were bad. Guess they're used to weirder things than a just a wrongly buttoned shirt though.

Noticed one of my coworkers looked strange at me when i came back to work. Just hope she didn't think my shirt were wrongly buttoned for other reasons :D

Have given up on getting a diagnose, and think I'll stop going to my psychotherapist. She were trying to get me recommended for further testing by some neurologists, but that was rejected. Apparently one of the neurologists told her that I can't have Asperger, since I've been working since i were 17. And now she tells my I can't bee and aspie, since i told her one joke (although she had to ask me if it were a joke first). I addition she thinks I'm good at making eye contact when I'm talking to her. At least it seems like practicing eye contact in the recent years, finally pays off:p

Probably should tried to complain, but I'm a big sissy when it comes to complaining to others. After all the only thing I could managed when it came to being bullied by my boss, were a letter of resignation when i couldn't take it anymore. Before that I had lots of suicidal thoughts, violent fantasies, fantasies bout talking back to my boss etc. Probably good that most of it just happened in my head, but would have been nice if I had been able to talk back to him.

Maybe I'm not an aspie though, but it sure would at least explain a lot about my struggles, if I'm an aspie.

Have given up on getting a diagnose, and think I'll stop going to my psychotherapist. She were trying to get me recommended for further testing by some neurologists, but that was rejected. Apparently one of the neurologists told her that I can't have Asperger, since I've been working since i were 17. And now she tells my I can't bee and aspie, since i told her one joke (although she had to ask me if it were a joke first). I addition she thinks I'm good at making eye contact when I'm talking to her. At least it seems like practicing eye contact in the recent years, finally pays off:p

Probably should tried to complain, but I'm a big sissy when it comes to complaining to others. After all the only thing I could managed when it came to being bullied by my boss, were a letter of resignation when i couldn't take it anymore. Before that I had lots of suicidal thoughts, violent fantasies, fantasies bout talking back to my boss etc. Probably good that most of it just happened in my head, but would have been nice if I had been able to talk back to him.

Maybe I'm not an aspie though, but it sure would at least explain a lot about my struggles, if I'm an aspie.

Little update. Been to the therapist again, and she's going to contact some of my familymembers and dig a bit in my past:eek: So maybe that reveals something, about whether i got Aspergers, a personal disorder etc, or is at good mental health :rolleyes:

New Threads

Top Bottom