• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Um, hello.

Levelskid

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am thirty years old, and have recently determined that I am autistic. It's all kind of strange...I have always thought I was neurotypical. I was high functioning, very intelligent (as told by other people), and even as psychology student never caught it. But it all just showed my ignorance. I realize now that all my sensitivities, occasional rude behavior, weird things I do with my hands and body (stimming, I hear it's called), and occasional non verbal behavior were signs of atypical behavior, and that I, myself, didn't quite understand autism itself. I hope you all can accept me and we could be friends.

Hello, and Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends while here, and enjoy your stay here in the process!

Welcome, @Levelskid

Autism is a tricky thing to deal with, but hopefully your realization will open up more doors for you. If anything, you can find alot of understanding here and help for anything you don't understand. There are plenty of resources here that can help.

This a friendly community. So don't be afraid to ask questions, if you are unsure about anything.

Welcome!

Psychology is a common area of interest that folks on the spectrum tend to wander into. I think that along with sociology, it may appeal more because we get to learn more about the society that we find ourselves in.

Dr. Devon Price, author of one of my favourite books Unmasking Autism, came to learn that they were autistic, after completing their PhD in psychology.

Welcome!

Psychology is a common area of interest that folks on the spectrum tend to wander into. I think that along with sociology, it may appeal more because we get to learn more about the society that we find ourselves in.

Dr. Devon Price, author of one of my favourite books Unmasking Autism, came to learn that they were autistic, after completing their PhD in psychology.
I actually saw that book at a Barnes & Noble :)

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am thirty years old, and have recently determined that I am autistic. It's all kind of strange...I have always thought I was neurotypical. I was high functioning, very intelligent (as told by other people), and even as psychology student never caught it.
HI and Welcome. Much of what you write I recognise. I too am late diagnosed

New Threads

Top Bottom