• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Touching and rubbing my face at almost all times?

I am always touching my face and half the time, not even aware of it, until my husband mentions it to me. I now think it is a coping technique ie to hide myself from the world!

I also have a habit of jerking one leg up and down and this is a sort of comfort thing as well, as when I feel uncomfortable ie stressed.

I have a tendency to love touching my hair and pulling out, stray hairs and this winds my husband up, so I have to really pay attention, to not do it in front of him!

Yes, I do this a lot. I also pick at the skin on my lips and spots on my face - I wish I could stop this because I have sores on my face and it looks bad. I also make my lips bleed. Sitting oon my hands or using a fidget toy of some sort helps, but I can never get rid of this stim completely.

I stim by rubbing my feet together, rubbing my thumb across my fingers in a snapping motion without the snap (usually), by twitching my body muscles to an in-sync rhythm, and by moving my eyebrows and ears.

I'm wondering if it's also a stim to constantly touch and rub your (my) face at all times of the day, constantly; or if it has anything to do with my Aspergers at all. Do any of you do this? Literally, I can't stop touching and rubbing my face at almost all times.

Even in your profile picture you are. :sweatsmile:

i have numerous stims that have to be performed every day, if i don't keep my hands busy with something else that is - remote controls, keyboards etc. feeling my nails, rubbing my nails across my lips, twitching my feet, feeling my hair, to name a few. i also face rub and it can be quite annoying, but if i don't do it it makes me even more annoyed and won't go away until i do it. what makes it worse is that i wear glasses and i have to remove them to rub my face. i don't know why it has to be done fairly hard, which makes my face red afterwards. and even though it's annoying (doing it, or trying to avoid it) afterwards i feel so much better. sometimes i end up slapping the side of my head, or gripping my face in my hands and almost screaming. it's not a day-to-day thing, so maybe it's a stress reliever, rather than an actual stim ?!?!?! but it happens at times even when i don't feel stressed, but the action does make me stressed - odd !!!

i am a late diagnosed aspie (mid 40's (2015)) and even though i tried to mask (and failed) when i was growing up, a part of me also didn't care what others thought. i have tried to still fit in, but recently i've given up on that, and now i proudly wear and aspie wristband letting people know that i am an aspie and they shouldn't judge...

New Threads

Top Bottom