• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Top 40 of the best (of the worst) Shark Movies...

AGXStarseed

Nowadays, there's a lot of movies featuring killer animals - whether it's insects or arachnids, birds or mammals, amphibians or reptiles, you're going to see one eventually.

Out of all of them, however, movies featuring killer sharks are among the most numerous of all. The most well know of these movies was the 1975 Steven Spielberg film Jaws, which - for a while - was the highest grossing movie in history and is cited as one of the greatest movies of all time.
Nowadays, the movie has been copied in some way, shape or form numerous times while even now the 'killer shark' genre continues to go strong - even if the films made featuring them don't.

Here in this 2013 video, James Rolfe (owner of the American film production company Cinemassacre Productions, LLC and also known as the "Angry Video Game Nerd") created a list of the "best of the worst" shark movies - having narrowed the list down to 40 as he states there are so many movies featuring killer sharks to choose from. Due to shortening the list as well as the fact two years have gone by since, there are plenty of shark movies that didn't make this video list.

Video (contains bad language and gore):

(List here)
40. Jaws 2
39. Jaws 3
38. Jaws: The Revenge
37. Shark Kill
36. Shark Hunter
35. Shark Zone
34. Shark
33. Terror Storm
32. Sharks in Venice
31. Spring Break Shark Attack
30. Monster Shark
29. Dark Tide
28. Blue Demon
27. Bait
26. Raging Sharks
25. Dark Waters
24. Shark Swarm
23. Shark Night
22. Red Water
21. Hammerhead
20. Swamp Shark
19. Malibu Shark Attack
18. Shark Attack in the Mediterranean
17. Megalodon
16. Shark Attack
15. Shark Attack 2
14. Shark Attack 3: Megalodon
13. Psycho Shark (Jaws in Japan)
12. Deep Blue Sea
11. Dinoshark
10. Two-Headed Shark Attack
09. Sand Sharks
08. Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus
07. Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus
06. Sharktopus
05. Sharknado
04. Attack of the Jurassic Shark
03. Snow Shark
02. Jersey Shore Shark Attack
01. Super Shark

I have to agree with James on this - how the heck do these cheap and cruddy movies get made?
Lets see if any of us can come up with ideas for a crappy shark movie and share them here, just for a laugh. I'll go first to start us off:

My idea for a crappy shark movie:
Dragon Shark: A group of American teenagers are playing a Monster Hunter-style video game where the main character is battling a variety of monsters. While battling the final boss - a gigantic dragon/shark hybrid - the house is struck by lightning, which manifests the main character and the final boss into the real world. As the 'Dragon Shark' begins causing havoc, it falls to the teens and the main character to stop it as the military's attempts fail.

(To be honest, writing something that sounds bad isn't that difficult. It's writing something good that's difficult).

Last edited:
Woah! I had no idea there were so many shark movies! I could only think of Jaws and Sharknado. I've only heard of Sharknado because the Nostalgia Critic reviewed it. I really must watch some AVGN videos. I might start with the one you've posted.
Dragon Shark sounds like a winner to me :D
How about a spin-off film for Dr Evil's sharks, the ones with laser beams attached to their heads.

Kinda hard to top Deep Blue Sea or Sharknado in my books. Deep Blue Sea was so gross... I'm very tempted to watch Megalodon though, but I'm probably under the wrong impression it's a documentary considering what list it's on. As per another discussion elsewhere, I feel inclined to repeat from it that hippos kill more people than sharks each year, so we need to have a Hipponado movie. :D

Or we can do a shark movie after one particularly terrible dino movie. An old billionaire in a fit of craziness pays to have prehistoric sharks brought to life at Sea World. The shark is fine until a little kid flicks a booger at it, then it goes on a rampage and tears down half the park before getting loose onto the beach. A janitor who brought his daughter to the park for the day ends up having to go on a mad chase after her through the city and harbor because the dumb broad keeps throwing rocks at the shark, running in the opposite direction of her dad, and playing on her computer/iPad/phone/thing. The military is called in, the janitor teams up with them, half the city is destroyed in the process of of killing the shark, and the darling daughter is standing triumphantly on the edge of the ruin she half caused because she wouldn't run in the right direction. Oh, and blood, guts, severed limbs, and gore every five minutes. Gratuitous blood, guts, severed limbs, and gore. So much of it, it puts anime and Kill Bill to shame. 'Cause that's how Americans do monster movies.

Woah! I had no idea there were so many shark movies! I could only think of Jaws and Sharknado. I've only heard of Sharknado because the Nostalgia Critic reviewed it. I really must watch some AVGN videos. I might start with the one you've posted.
Dragon Shark sounds like a winner to me :D
How about a spin-off film for Dr Evil's sharks, the ones with laser beams attached to their heads.

To be honest, most go direct-to-DVD without even a single TV advert (unless you're lucky). I only came across Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus when I was out shopping and saw the DVD case. I quickly returned it the next day after watching it - feeling ripped off and insulted. Talk about "never judge a book by the cover".
I've also seen Deep Blue Sea and Jaws 2 - that's pretty much it. The Jaws film was definitely better.

I've actually just had a quick look for 'shark movie ideas'. Someone's beaten me to the Dragon Shark idea, although no film so all good.
As for the shark's with lasers, how about 'Alien Shark'?

Atomic-Shark-Poster-e1405098390874-205x148.jpg
rs_293x439-130805113317-Annie_Shark.jpg
One is real. Neither of them is mine.
Sharknado...that's the show I started out hating because it was so dumb and ended up liking, for the same reason.
Two-Headed Shark Attack has some points, but Sharknado is the tops.

Best part of this is the punching, I think.

Last edited:
Here's the video again, since Blip (where the video was originally hosted) is no longer available.

(contains bad language and gore of various quality):

Thinking of ideas for future shark movies, creating a movie based around the Aumakua might actually create a good movie - especially if they're respectful regarding the Hawaiian mythology behind it.
The likelihood of that if such a movie was ever made, however, is slim.

Jaws is one of my favourite movies and the shark has very little to do with it . The friendship and camaraderie and animosity expressed by Brody , Quint and Hooper made the movie .

New Threads

Top Bottom