• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Today I am grateful for....... Today I want to work on.......

Grumpy Cat

I'm tired of feeling sorry for myself! The more I feel sorry for myself and focus on the "depressing" things, the more I start to look like Grumpy Cat. So today, I'm starting a new thread that will provide an opportunity to focus on the "positive" things in life and provide a place to post "goals" or "things to work on". I believe that focusing on "good thoughts" changes the brain chemistry and helps one be more positive. I also believe that stating a "goal" that one wishes to accomplish to other people helps to bring the "dream" into reality and not just remain a random thought.
So this thread is to post one thing that you are grateful for today and something you would like to work on that will make you into a better person. I'll start.

TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR.....My Mama (my best friend).

TODAY I WANT TO WORK ON.....Not losing my temper at Waldo (happens especially when I'm tired, when I'm in a hurry or when I really need to get something done [studying, housework}.)

I'm already adding something to work on! :( I'm going to study statistics more and take it more seriously! I got a C on my test! I want to cry!

TODAY IM GRATEFUL FOR: Sleep, finally.

TODAY I WANT TO WORK ON: Keeping a daily exercise routine again.

Am I the only one doing this? Where is everyone? I'm getting lonely in here all by myself.

It all seams to be a matter of timing Angela, it seams to be busy at different times

Last edited:
Today I am grateful that I managed to *kind of* work to my own initiative (I just needed a push)..
I am also grateful that one of my best friends listened to how I felt on something and didn't judge.

I need to work on not having to ask if things I am doing are okay. I should be able to judge myself and have confidence in my abilities.

TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR:
Having a job in this economy.
AND COFFEE.

I WANT TO WORK ON:
Going to bed and getting up at an earlier time.
AND DRINKING MORE COFFEE.

Following the standard protocol:
TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR: The social support I have in my life/ those new friends I just made. (fingers crossed)

TODAY I WANT TO WORK ON: Getting back into reading. I've got a book a guy is counting on me to finish that I keep procrastinating reading. I know I'll love it once I get started though.

Angela I would work on your last one in the mornings, so you you can get to sleep

I am grateful, for the forum working this morning, waiting to chat with arashi

TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR.....A friend at work to go out to lunch with

TODAY I WANT TO WORK ON.....Being more patient with people who aren't doing their job very well

wait I want to change what I'm going to work on to day. I want ot work on reading a thread in full before I respond to it- r at least the first couple posts to avoid looking like an oblivious prick. :p

TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR:
Beds, pillows, covers!

TODAY IM GOING TO WORK ON:
Sleep.

I already did that grateful though. So I'll pick another.

TODAY I AM GRATEFUL FOR:
My friendship with a special person. :) And I forgot - Waldo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I am grateful for: Getting to the top of a mountain having gone up a steep route and thought I wasn't going to make it (although my legs are going to kill tomorrow). ;)
Today I want to work on: Having a good shift in work. And maybe my History assignment, which has to be in a week tomorrow.

I am always grateful to have sufficient resources to survive another day...and another...

Today I am grateful for other Aspies, who are pure of heart.

Today I want to work on . . .being more clear/assertive with my speech.

New Threads

Top Bottom