• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

To what fictional character (s) can you relate?

Ahhh everybody is mentioning characters that I've never even heard of! Haha I'm so disconnected from the TV.

Confession: I haven't watched cable or netflix or anything besides rented/bought movies for a 1.5 yrs!

Wow and I used to be addicted to documentaries and to the discovery health channel. Am I missing out on all thise cool tv shows I alwayrs hear about?
I suppose that, on a good day, you could compare me to Adam Savage...I am intensely curious, always willing to look into things, and I do love the occasional explosion. :rolleyes:

Ahhh everybody is mentioning characters that I've never even heard of! Haha I'm so disconnected from the TV.

Confession: I haven't watched cable or netflix or anything besides rented/bought movies for a 1.5 yrs!

Wow and I used to be addicted to documentaries and to the discovery health channel. Am I missing out on all thise cool tv shows I alwayrs hear about?

If you want any tv suggestions, you can ask me as I do love tv, but you'd have to tell me what kind of stuff interests you so I know what to suggest. Also, much of what I truly enjoy and respect is older (much older) than 1.5 years old.

If it's any consolation; most stuff I referenced is from comic books. That by itself is a niche not everyone gets into, heh.

I usually find some character to relate to in movies, books and tv shows. But I so rarely watch movies, and even less watch tv that I can't really pick anyone out, and I'm not that intensely drawn to any in particular to recall at the moment. I used to read a great deal of fiction, but that has dwindled in the last few years as I have been reading mostly non-fiction and biographies.

Now historical characters, that's something else. Teddy Roosevelt, Alexander Calder, Earnest Shackleton, Tristan Jones.

Yeah, I'm great fun at parties.

King Oni and Pushpin: comics and older TV is where it's at. I'll take Twin Peaks and Watchmen over the Walking Dead and...the Walking Dead (comic book) any day. Haha.

I can relate to Mami Tomoe from Madoka Magica, I feel very lonely and I have a hard time finding true friends, and I try to act cool around other people when really I'm just a normal, lonely person on the inside.

Lilo from Lilo and Stitch, Mac from Chicken Run, Judith and KW from Where the Wild Things Are, Chuckie Finster from Rugrats, Vanellope von Schweetz from Wreck-It Ralph, Mater from Cars, Cassie from Dragontales, Fluttershy from My Little Pony, and Susie the Little Blue Coupe from an old Disney cartoon I like.

I think I mentioned this before on another topic, but...

Dr. Bruce Banner: Intelligent and mild-mannered on the outside, and incredibly angry on the inside. Soylent SMASH!!!

Scrooge McDuck, because I have trust issues with people and also a lot of memories that I treasure.
Sofia the First, because I'm constantly trying to figure out how to make it in the world around me.
Sawako Kuronama, because I'm a misunderstood outcast.
Anne Shirley (aka Anne of Green Gables) because I have a wild imagination and people are always making rude comments about me. Plus, people constantly compare me to her when they find out how to spell my name (Anne isn't my legal name but it's part of my middle name and I go by it). (Next person who makes a rude comment to me gets compared to Rachel Lynde or Gilbert Blythe!)
Mandy from the book of the same name by Julie Andrews Edwards, because I'm lonely and want a home of my own.
I could go on.

Last edited:
Fluttershy from MLP, Max from Mary and Max, Lars during the beginning part of Lars and the Real Girl, Margo from Lars and the Real Girl, Will from Waiting for Forever.

Phantom of the Opera: awkward, misunderstood, outcasted, emotional, friendless (I doubt my actual singing voice would sound like an angel of music though)
Frankenstein's creature: confused, sad, friendless, emotional, quiet, observant, and outcasted
Charlie Brown: awkward, confused, and misunderstood.
Eponine (Les Miserables), Samwise Gamgee (Lord of the Rings) Jimminie Cricket (Pinocchio), Groot (Guardians of the Galaxy), Diaval (Maleficent), Captain Jack Sparrow, Fanny Price (Mansfield Park), the Mad Hatter (Alice in Wonderland), Eric Forman (That 70s Show), Sebatian (The Little Mermaid), Snoopy (Charlie Brown), Ronin (Epic), Wall-E, Wreck-it-Ralph, Tyson (Percy Jackson), Private (Penguins of Madagascar).

All of these have something in common: many are outcasts. Like these, I am bizarre, secretly a very loyal friend, unnoticed, invisible, awkward, nerdy, outcasted, introverted, simple, peaceful, serious, and quiet-voiced.However, my efforts to fit in are futile. What little I manage to say gets passed often as ordinary, unheard, unimportant, or makes no sense to the listener. I cope with partially by relating to fictional characters. Real people? Not so much.

Last edited:
Lorne Malvo. I wouldn't want to be him, but he is still pretty impressive.

I really relate to Elsa from "Frozen." I always had to do as I was told or I felt that I was an awful daughter/sister. I always felt I had to be perfect. I was afraid of human contact because I was bullied A LOT. As I have gotten older and gone back to college, I'm starting to break free of that mindset. I'm starting to realize that I am who I am, and that makes me unique. I have a right to exist, and if you don't like it, that is your opinion.
I also really relate to Raistlin from the Dragonlance series. He is not generally liked because he's different and more emotionally vulnerable. He is bullied and practically tortured for most of his life. However, he eventually rises above all of that and forges his own path. But unlike Raistlin, I don't get back at my attackers. I just keep living my life.

I don't know - I act very childish a lot, and shun other people because they look down on me for that. If that sounds like someone you know, answers on a postcard. :p

I always felt a small connection to Holden Caulfield from Catcher in the Rye, due to his immaturity (by 'normal' standards), but unlike me he has a huge need for social contact (even reaching out to people he hates, just to have a companion), whereas I wish people would just leave me alone.

If there are any X-Men readers here, the recently concluded series "X-Men Legacy" featured a mutant called David Haller with whom I related - he was always wrestling with his own mind, trying to learn discipline and self-control, and preferred not to surround himself with other people.

Hermione Granger, Severus Snape, Sheldon Cooper, Humphrey Appleby from Yes Minister, Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird, Sophie from the Childrens' series by Dick King Smith and Victor Meldrew from One Foot in the Grave.

New Threads

Top Bottom