• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

To what fictional character (s) can you relate?

Hermione Granger. Wickedly smart, but also sensitive, kind-hearted, and always under-appreciated.

Poirot, Sherlock Holmes (from the book and 2009 + movies), little Nicky (the devil movie)... any females... hmm, I can't seem to think of one... that book about a woman with schizophrenia. .. I wish I could remember the name of the book. Any other female character that I read about or saw in a movie etc, doesn't seem to be very relatable :)

Daria!!!

DARIA-SMART.jpg

Privately, I'm a female Minion from Despicable Me. :D
Socially, I am FlutterShy from MyLittlePony.
I've got Sheldon Cooper's nerdiness, adherence to rituals, and we share the same customary hot beverage.

Prismo from adventure time…I almost cried when he was killed…we both avoid problems and live in our own little worlds…and sleep a lot…
I can't think of any others, but I'm sure they'll come in time…

Fred Tate from "Little Man Tate" (I wish that I was even half as intelligent)
Buller from the movie "Superbror"
Jute from the movie "if...."
David from the movie "A. I. Artificial Intelligence."
Ralph from the book "Lord Of The Flies"
Daryl from the movie "D.A.R.Y.L."

They are all characters who are essentially outsiders who don't fit in, they contrast from me in that they all wish to "belong." More similar to me are...

Ben from the movie "Le Temps Du Loup."

Thomas from the movie "Raven On The Jetty"

As both are withdraw and essentially silent characters who don't share their thoughts or feelings.

The answers to this thread have been quite fun to read!

Sherlock Holmes from the current BBC version is the one character I can relate to the most, most of the time. Adam from the 2009 film Adam, obviously. An old psychiatrist of mine used to compare me to Count Duckula, a character I have loved since childhood, but he does have a point! :p

Daria
Jo, Barney and Mal from 'Lumberjanes'
Maggie from 'Love And Rockets'
Marceline from 'Adventure Time'
Sadness from 'Inside Out'
Bliss from 'Whip It'

there are more but i can't think of any more right now.

I can relate very well to May from The Secret Life of Bees. Like May, whenever I hear about something sad or bad that's happened in the world, I feel as if the sad thing is happening to me and it overwhelms me. Because of this, I've quit watching the news.

I've been told a lot that I am just like Sherlock Holmes... because I spot things that nobody else can, and find the "mistake that could lead to a solution". I personally relate to Alan Turing, some people say that he had AS too, plus he lived in the same situations that I do.

Toned-down versions of Sherlock Holmes & Adrian Monk. Broken patterns always pique my curiosity...!

I don't know who I relate to but in some way it could be someone interested in animals etc but if you'd like to know, someone told me I look like Anastasia (from the movie Anastasia) but I act like Ariel from The Little Mermaid. I'll give a think to who I do relate too from who or what I know ...

Increasingly, I've found myself more and more like the Comedian from Watchmen. Partially because of grey moral ambiguity I sometimes have... partially because at this point I'm starting to perceive the world more and more as he did (one big f***ing joke), but I guess the cynicism of Rorsach remains strong in me as well.

I recently started watching House MD... after recommendation of friends in the past and recently, since that's pretty much me in real life, lol. Bar the fact that I need a walking cane or am a doctor.

New Threads

Top Bottom