• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Time limit on editing posts?

AdamR

NT partner, often in awe and rarely disappointed
In private conversations with AC friends, it seems that some members have a five-minute time limit for editing their posts once published, whilst other members, like myself, don't appear to have this.

Is this a glitch? A misperception on my part? Something one earns by a particular behaviour? If so, what should a member not do, to avoid having a restriction placed on their editing? I can understand why someone with a long history of making sweeping edits or deletions, or of trying to hide anti-social behaviour on the forums after the fact, might earn some limitations. But it if they haven't done anything so egregious, I have to question why this would be necessary.

One reason why I'm seeking clarity (and discussion) on this is because many Aspies have obsessive-compulsive traits, or even actual OCD. To those people, such a strict time limit for editing posts can be psychologically distressing, which, in my opinion, is a bit counterproductive on a support forum.

To someone with obsessive-compulsive tendencies, seeing a typo they cannot fix, just ten minutes later, feels much like being caught with the zip on their trousers down in public--and being physically prevented from pulling it up. You'd be surprised how upsetting it can be.

Thanks for your feedback,

AdamR

I like being able to add thoughts or correct my own posts, but I find it gets somewhat confusing when the OP radically edits their first post, and we see replies, but don't know what has been replied to! I try not to edit after I have been replied to. I'm not sure at what point it locks.

Are you posting via the web or phone app?

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom