• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

things you find funny that NT's don't?

sometimes I get a really funny thought in my mind and laugh the rest of the day over it, I once had something so funny I almost collapsed on the ground in laughing bursts with tears running across my cheeks. When I explained why I was laughing they didn't find it funny at all. I think in forms and visualize the situation in front of me. Some people will get it, and some just don't. It has nothing to do with being an aspie.

I find lack of common sense funny, especially in my major interest (guns/gunsmithing). Example:
"Can I shoot .300 in my .223 gun? I mean, they're not THAT far apart" <---Actual serious question I got
At that point I had to walk away to keep from laughing.

Brilliant! When I worked in computer retail I'd get some doozies. Someone asked "What's the difference between 2GB and 4GB?" I literally had to bite my tongue to keep from saying "Umm, I think the difference would be 2."

That job helped me learn to better intuit what people wanted to know, but the difference between that and what they actually asked got really absurd sometimes. Another thing that appealed to my bizarre sense of humor. Some say that Aspies take everything literally ... I find that I can often see it both ways and it's the distance between the two that's so funny.

sometimes I get a really funny thought in my mind and laugh the rest of the day over it, I once had something so funny I almost collapsed on the ground in laughing bursts with tears running across my cheeks. When I explained why I was laughing they didn't find it funny at all. I think in forms and visualize the situation in front of me. Some people will get it, and some just don't. It has nothing to do with being an aspie.
Oh how often this happens to me. It's so embarrassing. It happens to run in my family though. We're all giggly.
The really awful thing about my giggle fits is that they tend to start when I think of things that I thought were funny when I was a child... I always have trouble explaining why I have a big stupid grin on my face because the reason is outdated by about 15-20 years. There was this line from the old Ellen Degeneres sitcom that used to be on in the early 90's that would crack me up whenever I thought about it for years. I have no idea why. Does anyone remember when Fabio took a Canadian goose to the face on a roller-coaster and the entertainment shows reacted like a national hero had just died? I laugh whenever I think of Fabio. It's like I've managed to channel my maturity level from when it happened.
>.> Yep.

I watched Glee for a bit :oops: and in one episode one of the girls called Brittany, who was portrayed as not being very bright, say's "did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks" as if this were a fact that she had only recently found out about. I found it really funny, mostly because of how she says it.

Brittany has some very funny lines, but she says them so fast that it is easy to miss the humor. (That's true for most of the characters.)

I had a good laugh at this one: "Why did Julie fall off the swing?" "Because she had no arms."

Nobody got it (or just didn't find it funny), besides me. I just love this kind of humor.

That one's pretty funny. Kinda reminded me of what do they call a guy in the ocean with no arms or legs? BOB. LOL

I love it when everyday things are renamed to sound all science-y (especially in a humorous way).

This is from the science fiction satire graphic adventure computer game Space Quest IV:

"Now where am I?", you wonder aloud to nonexistent auditory organs. "This place sure looks homey. Hey wait! This looks just like Xenon. It is Xenon! It's...it's...it's really a pile.". Along with the changes induced by an armed conflict the city looks different, more modern, with a heavy dash of post-disaster seasoning. After causually glancing at the status line, you happen to notice that you're in Space Quest XII. What's happened? Who was that guy with the over-developed hair dryer? How did you let yourself be talked into jumping into some strange, shimmering hole? Why are you talking to yourself? These strange and intriguing questions will quickly be forgotten, with barely an electron stirred in that well-armored orb atop your shoulders.

Last edited:
From Space Quest 6:

"This area houses the liftbay relay outlay array, the quark torque fork, and the ascention-descention suspension tension extentions".

My humor either fails with NT's or makes them belly laugh. My point of view of the world helps me make some humorist commentary. On the other side, some things I say have me laughing and other looking at me like I have two heads. Those jokes tend to be related to something or event in my life unknown to others, it's too funny to keep inside, but after I'm like *face palm*.

I wouldn't necessarily say my sense of humour is different from NTs but I would say that I laugh a heck of a lot longer at a joke than the average NT who has long moved on to the next topic of conversation.

I get this a lot.

Here's something that cracked me up REALLY badly:

When I was about 14, I was walking home from school. I was walking past a mechanics' garage, and the door was wide open. Inside, I saw the mechanic, kneeling down in the dead center of the room. No car, tools, or anything for about ten feet in every direction. At that EXACT MOMENT, the song on the radio he had blaring mournfully sang "aaaall aloooone..."

For some reason that cracked me up. I laughed all the way back home. xD

Nobody else I know likes "Impractical Jokers". I think they're hilarious! One of the funniest things I've ever seen! But nobody else seems to think of it as a very funny show.

New Threads

Top Bottom