• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things only you would get upset about

Back in the 1990s I got upset that two countries with names as similar as Slovenia and Slovakia could co-exist.

Rainbow colors, to me there should be 6 and indigo is out of place. If indigo belongs, then so do all the other in-between colors like turquoise, lime green, school bus yellow, etc.

Something else that bothers me is when people use the word orientate or orientated. Well my dictionary says it is a word, which means to orient, so nobody is wrong. But why not just say orient or oriented?

Rainbow colors, to me there should be 6 and indigo is out of place. If indigo belongs, then so do all the other in-between colors like turquoise, lime green, school bus yellow, etc.

Something else that bothers me is when people use the word orientate or orientated. Well my dictionary says it is a word, which means to orient, so nobody is wrong. But why not just say orient or oriented?
That's funny, because one of the things that bothers me is the fact that some people consider some colors to be "inbetween." Chemically speaking. colors like that are as real, as legitimate, and as self-existing as any other color.

The one that that is really upsetting to me at the moment, is when someone says to call if you need someone to talk to. Yet never pick up or call back. I hate calling, but some people don't text. It upsets me, because then I think I messed up. Sorry if this is in the wrong area, but I'm upset at the moment.

There's also Newton's Law of Gravity versus Newton's Law of Gravitation.

There's also Newton's Law of Gravity versus Newton's Law of Gravitation.
that's because they are two different things, at least that is what I was learned. They are actually the same but the gravity one is with the earth and the other one with every object with a mass.

Last year when I booked a return trip from Amsterdam to visit my youngest daughter who lives in Sydney Australia, I needed to fill out an online form to get the necessary visa. getting all such things organized exactly right is a task in all circumstances, but this one proved impossible.

"When are you leaving" was one of the primary questions.

That is SO odd! How could I tell what they mean by that? Why ask ambiguous questions?

I knew when I was leaving The Netherlands, but in my mind that could not be relevant to a permit to stay in Australia. I could be leaving my home for a trip all over the world, eventually arriving in Australia. "When do you arrive in AUS and when do you leave AUS again?" would be the relevant question to ask me.

So it looked most logical for me to enter the date I would be leaving Australia, because any visa could then be valid from the date I requested it to the date of my leaving Australia again.

I got confirmation that my application was accepted and to be sure I called the travel agency.

Turned out I was wrong. So they went through the loopholes for me again to correct it.

The fact that they are no longer teaching children the color "indigo" in the rainbow, or colors in general.

It's true!! Ask any five year old you know how many colors are in the rainbow. I was ALWAYS taught 7. My sister was ALWAYS taught 7. My boyfriend has no idea what the colors actually are, but he knows there's 7! Five year olds today? 6!!!

Whose idea was it to wreck that ideal? 7 is the number of perfection! You take indigo away and it's all anarchy now!

And it's not like these colors were made up just willie nillie! Oh no! They were identified by Sir Isaac Newton! Who decided "oh, forget what that guy said. Not like he was a scientist or something. Seven colors is just too many." It's not like he discovered gravity or anything. We just going to forgo that little earthbound concept as well?

I don't know about books or educational programs or preschool curriculums, but I know this one dvd that the little boy i babysit full time watches teaches it. Its a musical dvd series for babies and toddlers called Gigglebellies, and it sings all the colors of the rainbow and it has all seven including indigo. The monthly house cleaner that the family i work for has complained that it wasn't purple, though, said it would confuse kids cause no one ever says indigo nowadays.

1) Food on my plate that touches eachother. For example: meat that touches veggies or potatoes is totally wrong and I won't eat the parts that touched.
2) People skipping dinner. I need dinner. Skipping the rest of the meals, I'm fine with that, but dinner, no!
3) People commenting on my strech or selfharm-scars. No, I'm NOT interested in hearing about scar treatment whatsoever. I'm fine with my scars and they're not on YOUR body so don't make a fuss about it.

The most annoying thing is when my family arranges things in the dishwasher all wrong. You cant get everything in it. I have to rearrange things. Arg! Can't they see it doesn't fit that way. We can fit so much more in this way and don't have to hand wash.

When people think it's necessary to make jokes about the Oklahoma City bombing, the 9/11 attacks and the Sandy Hook shootings :/ It's funny how people are brave enough to joke about those things online and anonymously as well as behind a computer screen where no one could find out their real identity :|

I don't give a damn if it happened a long time ago and if I'm making a big fuss out of nothing and still sound butt hurt over 9/11, at least I'm one someone who's mature enough to respect the dead and those who'd suffered in the past! These insensitive kids who were too young to remember 9/11 apparently never was traumatized by seeing people jump to their deaths on national television ! Yeah I am still butt hurt because it was such a horrible thing :(

When people think it's necessary to make jokes about the Oklahoma City bombing, the 9/11 attacks and the Sandy Hook shootings :/ It's funny how people are brave enough to joke about those things online and anonymously as well as behind a computer screen where no one could find out their real identity :|

I don't give a damn if it happened a long time ago and if I'm making a big fuss out of nothing and still sound butt hurt over 9/11, at least I'm one someone who's mature enough to respect the dead and those who'd suffered in the past! These insensitive kids who were too young to remember 9/11 apparently never was traumatized by seeing people jump to their deaths on national television ! Yeah I am still butt hurt because it was such a horrible thing :(

I should hope it's not only you who would get upset about that! :)

My thing only I would get upset about--I'm alphabetizing my records by artist, and if I want to maintain alphabetic integrity, I have to separate the albums with "The Mothers of Invention" or "The Mothers" on the spine from the ones with "Frank Zappa" on the spine.

I'll probably file 'em all under "Z" so they're at the end of the row, but damn... I just can't win this one.

I spent 20 years in the Air Force, I still get tears in my eyes when I see the videos of the 9/11 attacks. This should never be made fun or joked about in my opinion. I just think about all those people and their families. And the thousands of lives lost because of it.

I should hope it's not only you who would get upset about that! :)

Me too and I think it's only these younger kids who joke about the attacks because they were too young to remember that day -___- Plus it's too easy to be a coward online when there's no repercussion or accountability for what they say ...

I spent 20 years in the Air Force, I still get tears in my eyes when I see the videos of the 9/11 attacks. This should never be made fun or joked about in my opinion. I just think about all those people and their families. And the thousands of lives lost because of it.

Yeah, same here :( It was a ****** thing to have happen to all of those people and I do hope their resting in peace knowing that there's people still living who respect them because they know that death is no laughing matter, unlike all of immature little brats online now-a-days ...

1) I'm too young to remember any major disasters before 9/11, but I still think that any major disaster is no laughing matter. Katrina, 9/11, OKC...you cannot parody any of them.

2) Daniel, you reminded me of an episode of Rugrats where Chuckie acts as Angelica's servant. She has him put all the crayons in order, but apparently red orange comes before orange red (aren't they the same color?).

the the troglodytes who call themselves the American society of cinematographers wants to preserve judder in movies made in the future.

1)
2) Daniel, you reminded me of an episode of Rugrats where Chuckie acts as Angelica's servant. She has him put all the crayons in order, but apparently red orange comes before orange red (aren't they the same color?).

I don't know what kind of crazy color names they have these days. I grew up in the 80s and the Crayola 64 box was king. I always arranged my crayons in the 4 compartments by hue and didn't want people messing with the order. If you're going in the color order of the rainbow red first, then orange-red would come first, which is really saying orangish red, which is about 2/3 red and 1/3 orange. Then red-orange, which would consist of about 1/3 red and 2/3 orange. I know because my favorite color in the whole box was always the green-blue, which was similar to that very bright blue GM used, and my GM van is that color. Ibanez made basses that color too. Where as blue-green would be more of a turquoise.

New Threads

Top Bottom