• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things only you would get upset about

Apparently I'm the only person in the world that can see, let alone care, that there are distinct differences between the Barbus Pentazona/Hexazona
Puntius-pentazona2.jpg

and the Barbus Tetrazona.
puntius-tetrazona.jpg

Both are sold as 'Tiger Barbs'. I wish books, petshops and 'experts' would sort themselves out. And until they do, my wife will get a rant every time I see them incorrectly labeled. So for the sake of my wife, please take more care!
Maybe for the sake of my sanity we can drop the term 'tiger barb' totally and use 'Fiveband barb' for the former and 'Sumatra barb' for the latter.
I suspect I'm going to lose this battle.

Last edited:
What i get upset about here is there is no accessible and augmentative format equipment in our local library. We have an Autism unit at the local school and unless you can read print on a screen you cannot access their computers.
I am blind myself and rely on text to speech or braille access neither of which are available at the library as we are not seen as needing them. We do not even have iPads at the library for those with Autism to access anything. Unless I take one of my own laptops set up to access material I am unable to use it.

When people say "I don't eat food with chemicals in it." If this were true they would starve, because all food is made of chemicals. Likewise, I detest the term "organic food" as it is commonly used. Even if your food comes from a genetically modified organism or has been exposed to pesticides it is still, by definition, organic matter.

I get upset by people's fascination with the British royal family. Why is it news worthy when one of them gets pregnant? Why should I care when they come to town? How is their so called "birthright" in any way worthy of recognition by rational human beings?

Those flyer sharks junking up my windshield with their garbage. I always look for a contact number or website, then let them know how I feel about their behaviour.

I get upset by people's fascination with the British royal family. Why is it news worthy when one of them gets pregnant? Why should I care when they come to town? How is their so called "birthright" in any way worthy of recognition by rational human beings?
I don't understand any creepy fetish fascination with popular peoples' bedroom habits either. Some of those magazines go full overboard with it. Women are naturally a little curvy and pudgy. It's cute. It doesn't mean she's expecting if she isn't built like a wooden plank! A fresh-cut wooden plank. Not one that's been out in the weather for years and is all warped and bowed up.

Flying cars. I was told forty years ago that we would have flying cars by now. Where is my flying car?!!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom