• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Things on tv that scared you as a child?

This was a very creepy show. It didn't keep me up or anything but just looking back I feel sick. The only other thing I think was the goose bump movies they made.
hrpufnstuf.jpg
233-2.jpg

That makes me think of the 1999 film, The Mummy, which had those evil scarabs that could get under your skin as well as swarm you to devour your flesh and organs in seconds. Gave me nightmares, those damn bugs.

I wasn't scared of stuff that was supposed to be scary, probably because it built up my expectations of being scared by it and because I was expecting it it never bothered me. I was scared of a particular type of jittery stop-motion animation. I used to have nightmares about Dill the Dog turning evil and chasing me in that erratic and disjointed manner. Still gives me the creeps...

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was about eight years old, I saw a news report that we were heading for world war three. I was hysterical.

When I was in grade school we would do emergency drills and practiced hiding under our desks as if an air raid siren had gone off. I had seen the Vietnam war stories and news reports on TV when my father watched them and I worried that we would all be blown up. My mother had a really hard time convincing me that it was safe for me to leave the house!

I saw The Day After on TV when I was about 9 and the nuclear attack scene left me badly shaken, I clung close to my mother for hours afterwards and had nightmares for days. When I was 14 my class saw the TV movie Threads (also about nuclear war but far more graphic) and myself and most of the class were traumatized and I felt unsafe and kept seeing scenes from the film for months.

In what way did you, at 8 years old, conceptualized what another word war would be like? What did it mean to you?

Same way with me. My mom used to tell me that if someone dropped a nuclear bomb, all people on earth would die. That was before I knew about Hiroshima so I believed it.

And though I can't stand cities, I had wanted to see the WTC before it came down. Only because I love to look at skyscrapers.

Things on TV that scared me and still kinda do:

The song from Mission Impossible. That was before my time, but on this one episode of Sanford and Son they kept playing it over and over.

The intro to Twilight Zone and Tales From The Darkside (but I think those were meant to scare anybody).

The part on Sesame Street that I think involved the letter M. They showed a big rock and it shaking and crumbling away to expose the letter M. With the dramatic orchestra music that played (that everybody knows but I don't know the name of it).

This one episode of Webster where he went behind the clock and climbed the ladder. He found a hidden room with a woman in a rocking chair facing away from him. He kept calling to her and she never responded, like she was probably dead or a ghost or something.

Last edited:
Nightmare on Elm Street...though in saying that, my mother really shouldn't have let me watch it so young; not that I wanted her to stop me, ha ha, I actually really liked the movie :p

Oh yeah. "The Outer Limits" (1963-64) Still remember watching all alone as my folks and brother were at a social event.

Scared sh*tless....and always back to watch the next week. Yeah, I have the entire series on DVD. Still creepy, in glorious black and white. :cool:

The Demon Headmaster & Jeopardy, two great shows on CBBC that would scare the hell out of me!
Also Goosebumps, and Bogeyman.

Betty Boop. Creeped me right out. Why would you ever draw a human being to look like that?

I had some really weird, irrational, neurotic fears as a kid. I was Scared for the longest time that I had that "Jack" disease from that movie jack that makes you age like really fast. I was convinced I had it for like a year, and that i was rapidly aging. I was an odd kid.

Last edited:
This is going to sound really weird but on British TV there was a series called "Brum" about this little yellow car who's lights were his eyes. It was live action too. I have no idea why but the thought of a car being alive scared me. LOL.

New Threads

Top Bottom