• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Recipe Thread

One trick I use to make taco meat extra tasty is to follow the directions of the taco seasoning packet, but then when I add the seasoning, I also take a can of chipotle peppers, chop them up, and add them to the beef along with the seasoning. I also use pan fried corn tortillas for the shells. All of this goes well with margaritas, maybe one day I will learn how to make those from scratch.

Microwaved Chocolate-Cinnamon Brownies (tastes better than it sounds)

Ingredients:
  1. one tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder. If you don't have unsweetened cocoa powder, Nutella hazelnut spread works too.
  2. two tablespoons of granulated sugar
  3. four tablespoons of flour
  4. two tablespoons of milk
  5. two tablespoons of oil (avocado oil is a healthier choice)
  6. four generous dashes of cinnamon.
[in alternative ways to make this dessert, you can replace the cinnamon with one tablespoon of maple syrup, but use less sugar according to how sweet you want it to be. You can also add sprinkles as desired. The main ingredients and ingredient measurements that have to stay the same is the flour, milk, and oil]

Steps:

1. Add dry ingredients in mug
2. Add wet ingredients in mug
3. Stir thoroughly
4. Microwave for 60 seconds
5. (optional) Put a scoop of ice cream on top of brownie after brownie has been microwaved
6. Enjoy!

Not to brag, but I happen to be in possession of the best waffle recipe in the world ! The secret, (as you’re about to find out) is in the separation of the egg yolks & egg whites and the beating of those egg whites into a meringue-like fluffiness that translates into the lightest, fluffiest waffles you’ve ever had. If you do it right, they’ll be so light you will need syrup just to weigh them down from floating right off your plate!

View attachment 22618

Then, for added effect, play this when serving to guests and hold your head up high for making such damn fine waffles in the morning.......

I absolutely LOVE the visual graphing you posed of the recipe. I seldom follow recipes because of the way they are listed. THIS charting makes a HUGE difference! WOW.

Given that it was fat tuesday today, or pancake tuesday, I'll share a recipe for pancakes that I make only on this day once a year for the last forty years. We ate them all very quickly:rolleyes:

Yogurt Pancakes (Serves 6-8)

4 cups unsweetened plain yogurt
2 eggs
4 TBS butter, melted and cooled
2 TBS sugar

1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 to 1 l/2 cups of flour

Blend all liquid ingredients gently, beating eggs separately and adding to the yogurt. Add sifted flour and dry ingredients until batter is light and falls in folds. Let batter rest for five minutes. Cook on griddle or iron skillet until browned.

Tips:
You can mix types of flour, used some chickpea flour, whole wheat and all purpose white flour. As well as some nutmeg.

Beat the yogurt if it's thick with a whisk before adding the beaten eggs.

They rise quite well, so when flipping them be gentle, they are quite delicate.

Last edited:
Oh yeah! The recipe thread! Here we come........

@OkRad :)

939DD4A0-DC31-4F1D-9A4C-D12D8AEE1E66.jpeg
16793DAD-B199-4BB0-B5F3-F76702D4D154.jpeg
745A7A09-7E45-4A82-BBD9-7EC6365A3487.jpeg
EBD1C734-8CEA-4C17-9CA2-0317BFEA8AD6.jpeg
65DB4519-A236-4FF0-90B8-F0C6E04BC555.jpeg
56FD5482-87A3-4195-84C9-D1F4D1DB2B08.jpeg
3AA7EF05-BC49-4A5C-B467-8C40F6AF044E.jpeg

By the way, I should add, that is my mom’s handwriting, not mine. Mine is illegible lol

New Threads

Top Bottom