• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Positive Place

I am grateful for the ability of the desk girl at the dentist to make parallel conversation with me on the phone. Her response to me saying this morning (when I was taken off guard by the office actually being open at the time I called---I had supposed that I could at least get in practice calling there & hearing a recording): "Today is the day I promised myself I would call and make an appointment for myself," she said "Today is the day that I promise to do that for you."

you will rarely see be here, and for reasonable purposes.... but that aside

remember to always be yourself. even if that self is weird as heck. that doesn't give you a pass to be obnoxious or rude but if you pause and think about your words and feel you're saying them for a positive reason (even if it's a "harsh truth" for example) then that is OK. the person who gets angry and storms off or blows up is not somebody you want in your life. the person who questions your criticism and considers your opinions as valid and knows they are only intended to help and not harm, that is a life long friend if not somebody you should marry

Seeing my friend from Arkansas when she is either visiting me or I am visiting her. We have the funniest conversations. The topics are endless.

you don't always need to learn through research, sometimes trial and error can be a more enjoyable to come to the same conclusion

I am happy and positive, or positively happy about the positive energy so many members bring to this site. It brightens my day to come visit and see comradery, friendship, and optimism.

Best wishes everyone
image.jpg

A place for sharing any thing that is/has been positive for you.

It could be

-an experince you enjoyed
-something that you are grateful for or glad of

(If the description is too broad, or not clear, please let me know and I'll adjust it)

To start things off, I'm glad that I like and enjoy numbers and maths and that I have interests that I can pursue and derive satisfaction from, where I am not hampered by poor communication and social skills.
That A neuro typical wasn't a complete numpty and informed me in the title of that post so I could avoid it oh sweet relief

New Threads

Top Bottom