• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The last thing you bought?

Another selfish purchase: A Dragonfly Black USB DAC/Headphone amp. I hope it lives up to the online hype.

Attachments

• 51zM1xlXmNL._SL1200_.jpg
    51zM1xlXmNL._SL1200_.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 124
I bought these items at Tesco this morning:
A fruit salad pot (reduced to clear)
400g tin cannellini beans
Sugar-free Strepsils
Box of tissues

Three t shirts, one from amazon, it has a Shelby Cobra Racing logo, another from Slayer and the last one fromk Hoonigan.com, all of them black.

Last minute Christmas gifts for my Nephew and Niece in London, which I posted off yesterday, and also a foot long Cheese and Ham Subway, a bag of crisps and a Coke.

A foot long Cheese and Ham Subway and a Coke.

Went to see Rogue One again, this time in 2D, and IMO it was actually better than when I went to see it in IMAX last week.

A couple new doors for the garage I've been working on.
Had a pro install the big door. Could have done it myself, but it was good watching someone work who knows what they are doing.
IMG_1418m.jpg

That way when the springs break you'll be able to safely fix them! First time I did garage door springs was scary, but all went well, had the right tools.
I took the old door down. Nice door, but too short for the new opening.
I watched some installation videos first to see what was up with the springs. Ground the nubs off some 1/2" rebars so they would fit in the holes and unwound them. My only concern was not knowing how hard it would be to hold the rods when the securing bolts were loosened. it wasn't bad.
It turns out that the same installer had put the old door on this unit 5 years ago before I owned it.
Here's something you might be interested in. Now that the door is installed, I saw some videos about how burglars push in the middle top of the door and stick in a coat hanger to trip the release to break in garages. In reading the comments, some say that the proper way to attach the lift bracket is at a 45 degree angle to prevent the door from being pushed in. That makes sense. I can see in the picture that he didn't do that. I'll have to check the door to see if it pushes in. I think it will.
IMG_1411m.jpg

I bought quite a bit today. Had Christmas money to spend so I got some clothes in the sales, nail varnish, makeup, a fitbit and Dead Rising 4. Going to get some Xbox Live credit tomorrow :)

Very nice! I sure would like to take that apart.
These things are different from both watches and clocks in regard to disassembly. The all important detent MUST be protected, as it is easily damaged and they cannot be repaired. The cheapest replacement is $850 and must be custom made. This one needed the staff re-pivoted and a new locking jewel. It now keeps time at a losing rate of .5 seconds daily.

3 pairs of earphones, cheap but good quality and I know this brand works, £5.97 from eBay. And a natural, plant based ingredient based lens cleaning spray £9.99 from eBay.

Bought and downloaded this year's WWE game on Xbox One, was playing it last night.

Planning to go to either PC World or the big Tesco in Town in a bit to buy a 2 Terabyte external hard drive for the new Xbox One at my Parents'.

Dead Rising 4 on XBone. It was delivered yesterday, but I've been obsessively playing Kirby Triple Deluxe on 3DS so I haven't even installed it yet.

2 tickets for the Manor Operatic Society Pantomime, Jack and the Beanstalk, got back about an hour ago from a rather excellent show

Today I bought a foot long Cheese and Ham Subway sandwich and a Coke, and 2 packets of Batteries from Pound Land.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom