• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

The Footwear Question

Gomendosi

V.I.P Member
Strictly for curiosity sake, what size shoe do you wear and what is your preferred footwear? Why?

I usually wear size 11.5.. because... well, that's how my body is ;)

The type of footwear depends. I have a few pairs of sneakers, but I also have some more specific footwear for when I end up going to a goth rave.

My choice of footwear kinda relies on what I'm wearing and how it adds up with the rest. Maybe I'm a bit too conscious of what I wear, lol.

Size 10.5 and I prefer "skater" shoes straight laced leaving the shoe very loose on my feet, because I cannot stand having on shoes that are laced up tight and squeeze my feet, making my feet feel entrapped and me wiggling my toes like crazy trying like they're trying to escape, lol.

Depending on the individual shoe brand, somewhere between a 9 and a 10, with the caveat that the shoes must be wider than normal.

I wear running shoes everywhere except work and the rare more formal events.

I usually wear a size 6 or size 6 1/2 wide (I have wide feet), so it's sometimes hard to find shoes that don't pinch on the sides of my feet. My favorite types of shoes are open-toe heels and flip-flops.

I wear size 7-8 wide, and I can't stand shoes that have a heel shorter than 1" or taller than 3".

7 if it's men's shoes. Women's sizes vary too much for me to know. Mostly I don't enjoy shoes----certainly not the way females are supposed to stereotypically 'enjoy'/get off on shoes. Shoes are useful protection for my feet. They aren't great fun, though. Shoes make my feet feel trapped, sometimes.

I wear sneakers most of the time. I need to get me some running shoes as I have been jogging more lately.

I wear size 5 shoes but can fit into kids size 3 (seriously, I have heaps of kids shoes). I live in sneakers but love knee high boots, especially my knock off K-H Chuck Taylors but any giant boot I can stomp around in that doesn't have too much of a heel will do. I just recently got the best pair of chunky, silver-glitter covered, sneakers. So sparkly in the sunshine, I can't help but watch my feet sparkling as I walk (yeh hazardous. Call me a forgestrian- because sometimes I forget how to walk like an ordinary pedestrian).

I usually wear trainers, not the white variety that a lot of teenagers wear but the more adult variety usually in blue or grey.

US 9, sometimes 9.5.

My preferred footwear: Sneakers. Particularly very expensive ones like LeBrons and Jordans. I just like the way they feel and look. But oh well, I can't wear them all the time, and I can't spend all my spare money on them. :O

I take it as most of you mean US sizes? Sorry, but it's confusing if you don't specify that.

Eur 37; uk 4,5; us 5,5-6. I wear sneakers, hiker boots with pricey good sole. I have one pair of petite pretty shoes, but wear them rarely, I don't feel comfortable in pretty not to mention hot. But I've even wore high heels once. I'm that daring.

I'm a UK 9 and my preferred footwear is K-swiss, Adidas or Nike trainers as long as they are of the flat bottom variety.

size 6 (womans') shoe of choice is crocs, I like the freedom of not needing laces to hold my shoes on my feet, only lace up footwear I do wear is hiking boots and that is only when I mow the lawn not sure of size

I take a UK women's size 8 and normally wear canvas shoes or pumps. I also have a few pairs of formal black shoes, and I wear running shoes to the gym.

I don't like shoes or socks. I don't like the way they feel on my feet. I'll wear flip-flops when I have to (or boots in the winter), but I prefer to go barefoot as much as I can.

10.5 by most brands.

During the weekdays I wear Keen shoes which I absolutely despise! Never have I owned a pair of shoes that fell apart so quickly.

On my off days I'll either be wearing sketchers casual shoes or Nike Free runs. Around the house I'm always in my slippers.

New Threads

Top Bottom