• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Thank you AC

Harrison

The Mad Taoist
Well, I'm sitting and waiting for the flight that will take me back to the UK. Time to reflect on an awesome week in NY and to take my mind off leaving my new wife behind for a while.

It has been an amazing week for this old aspie, managing to be a social butterfly. America welcomed me and made me feel at home from day one, and my new family are all I could wish for. I shall miss them all, moreso Slithytoves, although she'll be with me soon.

So whilst I feel all 'mushy' I'd like to say a big thank you to those who wished us well. I'd also like to thank AC, as it gave us the place to come together. You are all part of the journey that led to two aspies getting married.

Thank you :)

Confetti and champagne all around! Congrats you two! :)

Never been to New York, but I've heard it has some beautiful scenery and the cities are fun. And we all appreciate you two as well.

Congratulations to you both! You know statistically, Aspies/Autistics have the highest age at marriage so your right on time.

But we are not 'old' Harrison. We are 'mature' fierce Silverbacks! Ooog Ooog! *Thump, thump!* :D

Well done. God bless both of you. :) :cool:

Is this the part where we get to throw rice at them? :p

Last edited:
image.jpg
Confetti and champagne all around! Congrats you two! :)

Never been to New York, but I've heard it has some beautiful scenery and the cities are fun. And we all appreciate you two as well.

NY state is gorgeous

Congratulations [emoji4]
You both have many happy years ahead of you to share. And that's a beautiful thing.

Congratulations, You two can now begin the
happiest and most rewarding phase of your life.
I am so truly happy for the both of you:)

And good job on the social butterflying:)

Thanks, everybody!

I agree with Harrison that AC and all of you here have been an integral part of our relationship. Your friendship, support and advice (and tolerance of some of my mushy, starry-eyed posts) have been invaluable from the day I joined here to get to know him. Another special shout out to our ever-roaming friend Nadador for convincing us that we should get together in the first place.

Harrison really did shine on his week among my family. My stepfather, who is very likely an Aspie himself and definitely the toughest nut to crack of the whole lot, turned out to be his biggest fan. My mom and sisters absolutely adore my new husband. The weather was uncharacteristically sunny and pleasant for a New York July; every little thing went so well that I can't find anything negative to say about any part of the experience. (Though poor Harrison did suffer a skinned knee on an arduous hike in a gorge.)

It was extremely hard to say even a temporary goodbye to my new spouse, but plans are well underway for my move and I look forward to the process ahead.

Judge, if you can figure out a way to throw rice online, I'd love to see it. We kept the ceremony and surrounding festivities to such an Aspielike minimum that virtual rice after the fact would easily be the most spectacular celebratory act of the whole affair!

And Tom, I'm with you about the fierce, mature Silverbacks. I saw a little bit of Harrison's primal side as he climbed the steep hills of New York state's parklands. There was definitely quite a bit of "Ooonging" and thumping going on....

Again, thanks to you all for your part in our story so far. :)

Judge, if you can figure out a way to throw rice online, I'd love to see it. We kept the ceremony and surrounding festivities to such an Aspielike minimum that virtual rice after the fact would easily be the most spectacular celebratory act of the whole affair!

LOL. Actually I m pleased to hear you kept it all to an "aspielike minimum". :)

In all honesty I really don't care for rituals at all. But I'm thrilled that you both posted about your wonderful experience. :cool:

Well, I'm sitting and waiting for the flight that will take me back to the UK. Time to reflect on an awesome week in NY and to take my mind off leaving my new wife behind for a while.

It has been an amazing week for this old aspie, managing to be a social butterfly. America welcomed me and made me feel at home from day one, and my new family are all I could wish for. I shall miss them all, moreso Slithytoves, although she'll be with me soon.

So whilst I feel all 'mushy' I'd like to say a big thank you to those who wished us well. I'd also like to thank AC, as it gave us the place to come together. You are all part of the journey that led to two aspies getting married.

Congratulations Harrison you have been so quiet I was worried you were in a bad way. perhaps I was right after all you were in a bad way in love :rose:. Fair winds and soft seas for the both of you... Harris, Mael says you're the Man...:p

LOL. Actually I m pleased to hear you kept it all to an "aspielike minimum". :)

In all honesty I really don't care for rituals at all. But I'm thrilled that you both posted about your wonderful experience. :cool:

Thanks, Judge. I don't mind certain kinds of rituals, but conventional ones that put me in fancy clothes and/or at the center of attention are out. I never did prom or graduation and I don't go to other people's weddings. My mother and sister, our only witnesses (by choice) struggled not to out-dress us. I look at it this way: The marriage is the point, not the wedding. I was all dressed up on the inside, looking at H and thinking about our future together. :)

Huge (yet understated) congratulations to you both!

Ah, so good to see my little experiment working out so well. ;)

Congratulations to my favourite pair of Aspies! I wish you the very best, always. You well deserve it.

[You'll find my bill in the post, Harrison, my friend.]

I'm just catching up on the news... But what great news! I'm still new here but you both have been so helpful and your posts so informative that it makes me just so happy to know there is indeed a reason behind your profile pics being so similar! How joyous!!! A belated congratulations to you both. :blossom:

(I got married - again - in April... It only took us 7 years and two kids to get around to it, haha... It was as understated as you can get, too... We eloped this time... No expectations placed on us by others... Nobody there but us, our required witnesses and the officiator... In jeans, with homemade garden-gathered bouquet. Was great! Who needs all the trappings (traps!) when all that really counts is the commitment you are making? It's not entertainment! :D)

New Threads

Top Bottom