• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Super Bowl

As a kid, if I worked endlesly, and I devoted my entire life to playing a sport, I could achieve mediocrity. But I found no joy in it. Just wished it would be over so I stop being bored --bothered by jocks (is this word still used?). At age ten I focused on baseball for a summer, and learned everything I needed to know (in true AS style). Did the same for football (the one with the helmets) a bit later on. Now why would I watch strangers playing games I have zero interest in? By the way, I've done a few "macho" things in my life--(there are AS people I the Army, you know): I don't feel the nedd to prove anything. And I think in the US, one no longer risks being called "communist" by questioning the sports industry.
Here's my best Superbowl memory: In 1980, at age 13, I walked to a movie theater to see the first theatrical Star Trek film. It wasn't great, but I felt I had something in common with the mostly adult audience who were not yelling at the TV; although somebody cheered Shatner. (Why not?)

I think that the purpose of cheerleaders is to get aspies to watch football. I root for the team with the biggest boobies. There is also something that goes on involving a ball or something.

I am a big sports fan, so I definitely look forward to tonight's Super Bowl.

I really hope the 49ers will win, so that Yoshi can smile through the year. I also hope that the Lions will win the Super Bowl some other day, as I really like Megatron (Calvin Johnson), Ndamukong Suh and Matt Stafford playing together.

A short article I thought others might appreciate:

Are Social Rituals Necessary? Thoughts on Super Bowl Sunday - By Susan Cain

And here's an inforgraphic on the Superb Owl that some may enjoy too :p:

PVAKKNH.jpg

Last edited:
Neither of us know bugger all about football so we decided to watch the game this year. For me, it is an excuse to eat fries & chicken wings. We've decided to root for the 49ers since some guy on the team has a name much like Copernicus & since Copernicus was awesome, we'll root for the guy whose name is similar to someone awesome. As for which team has the cheerleaders with the biggest boobies, it has got to be the 49 ers for sure!!!! California is silicone implant central.

I have no interest in American style football (Aussie rules is a different story), but have always had a fondness for the Ravens, since they are the only sports team of any kind that I am aware of that is named for a literary work. Very cool.

I feel dismayed the Ravens won, and the 49ers did not overcome the halftime gap.

Maybe I need to watch an American football game with a friend who knows the game better, though. It's kinda puzzling to follow the game all by myself. :(

I've never watched the Superbowl, nor would I see any reason to do so.

All I know is that when it's on, last night, I hear men in my building yelling at their televisions. I don't understand it at all.

I think that the purpose of cheerleaders is to get aspies to watch football. I root for the team with the biggest boobies. There is also something that goes on involving a ball or something.

Really? Are you serious? Could you get any more offensive? Ugh!

I think smith2267's statement is full of sarcasm ;)

But to be honest, I don't understand the entire concept of cheerleaders. If it's done to attract men, why are the men so competitive about "their team"?

Cheerleaders just entertain those of us who don't watch football - they display the different teams' spirit anyway.

But they can't get more exciting than this (lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Serendipity: Knowing Smith & his sense of humour, I took it entirely as such too & followed suit.

Oh, who can forget the Halftime Show? Beyonce did ok :)

The Super Bowl XLVI Halftime Show can be simply awesome... Madonna performing the 2nd best Halftime show in History (after Michael Jackson in Super Bowl XXVII).

But why isn't Madonna number one?

M.I.A spoiled the show :(

And yeah, Super Bowl rocks with commercials

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it was meant to be humorous.
But it's also true that men like to look at scantily clad women, and if that offends you, you probably shouldn't hang out with aspie men. We are known for being honest and not so politically correct.
Now Chippendales dancers offend me not in the least. If you get some odd satisfaction out of taking umbrage, knock yourself out. I can't be bothered worrying about who is being turned on by whom.
I think I will just pre-emptively block you, if you don't mind. I just have a strong feeling that if I don't we are going to fight over political correctness a lot.

Last edited:
But to be honest, I don't understand the entire concept of cheerleaders. If it's done to attract men, why are the men so competitive about "their team"?

It's less about attraction - not every team has a squad because some teams want the focus on the action - and more about entertainment, because North American football (especially the NFL variety) has a lot of downtime.

I skipped the Super Bowl because I refuse to watch any games with the team based in Maryland in it.

New Threads

Top Bottom