• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Stuck on Songs

I do have it a bit, but not to the extreme that I have to listen to that song over and over again for hours.

Looking at my last.fm page, there are a few songs I like more over others and probably gave more playtime when I first got them; but even there it's about 60 plays (in total of the past 2 years or so). So not really a hours upon hours thing. I grow tired of music rather fast I guess.

I'm like that, especially when I discover a new song (or better yet, album/artist) that I like. For a while, the new music is all I want to listen to.

I'm like that definitely. I got stuck on constantly listening to Superbeast by Rob Zombie non stop for about a month. Drove my friends crazy! But I also tend to get stuck on certain riffs, like right now I'm rewinding the TV over and over again because Money for Nothing is playing and it's my favourite riff, but I'm not so keen on the actual song, just the intro riff.

Songs get stuck in my head all of the time; unfortunately, they're usually the songs I don't like, which drives me crazy. :S

Me too. I will fixate on a song and can listen to it (or a part of it) over and over and over again.

"This is the end. Hold your breath and count to ten... "
"Let the sky fall. When it crumbles..."

It's old now, but it's been rattling in my head lately.

So, there's this song. I don't know the title or artist, except that it's a female vocalist.

There's a segment of notes that gets stuck with me quite regularly. This has been happening since I first heard the song...in 1996. :o_O:

Yes and they usually end up driving me mad as they go around in my head. :) I've still got commercials in my head from when I was a child and am often found humming or singing them :D

I can sometimes fixate on an operatic aria. Generally, I prefer much XVIII and XIX century arias that contemporary songs. I remember that I was fixated on "Vien diletto", "Son vergin vezzosa" and "Tu vedrai che amore". Some belcanto and baroque arias are pure delight and you can become addicted to them.

Definitely. I'll put it on repeat for hours, but it usually doesn't last much longer than a week before I move to the next song.

Does anyone else here become stuck on songs?

I can become thoroughly obsessed with one song at a time. For instance, I'm completely hooked on Criminally Insane by Angerfist at the moment - Angerfist - Criminally Insane - YouTube - I listen to it on repeat for hours & hours...

Yes, I do this all the time!! I'll have a song on repeat for hours and hours, not all day but in my free time it'll be on repeat 3/4 of the time for several days or a week until i find another song to obsess over. I've done this for years, and not just with songs. My parents still talk about how as a little kid i was obsessed with The Lion King and would watch it over and over and over and at one point had the entire thing memorized and would play it out with all my toys.

Does anyone else here become stuck on songs?

Definitely, usually over a period of days. I'm stuck on one right now. It's like I can't stand for the pleasure of listening to end, and I can't get enough of that one specific sonic pleasure to end, because it feels "wrong" somehow to switch to another song. I've forced myself to listen to something else on a few occasions, and my nerves sort of felt jangled.

I get less fixated on individual songs and more on artists. Right now it's post-Cetera Chicago. (Yeah, ew.)

New Threads

Top Bottom