• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Spinning Wheels

Dirtdigger

V.I.P Member
Not sure where to put this. But, anyhow, how many of you still spin wheels? I have spun wheels all my life. If a toy or model has a wheel on it than I have to spin it.

I did that when I was younger, into my teens. I don't now but, I do pick rocks out of tires if I'm standing near a tire with a rock lodged in the treads that doesn't involve me getting on my knees to remove. I also look at the tires of any vehicle I'm riding in, driving or belongs to someone close to me.

I'm good at spotting when they are low on air and, can find even pin hole leaks just by ear, without using soap or anything.

I do and for a very good reason. Wheels are supposed to spin. How else would you check to see if it working properly?

I have lots of Hot Wheels model toy cars :taxi: which I enjoy playing with. I especially like cars with funky, brightly-colored wheel rims because I love spinning wheels over and over and over. :) It's hypnotic, soothing, a really pleasurable stim.
I get happily lost in my own world. Sometimes one of my favorite cars :car: travels with me to appointments, hidden in my pocket. :bluecar: I wait until I'm done with the appointment and alone before I VRRRROOOOM! :D

If a toy, let them spin!

If a scale model, they're to be glued on place. No moving parts. That's a rule with me.

Funny, I was just thinking about my Matchbox car collection I gave away some years ago. The originals...going all the way back to 1960. :oops:

Laughs...spin the wheels? On toys,real cars,trucks,motorcycles,four wheelers and on and on

The first thing you do to prepare for any kind of acceleration racing event is to spin the wheels to heat the tires to make the traction increase :D

Laughs...spin the wheels? On toys,real cars,trucks,motorcycles,four wheelers and on and on

The first thing you do to prepare for any kind of acceleration racing event is to spin the wheels to heat the tires to make the traction increase :D

I'm seeing a life lesson here. Spinning your wheels is the fist step to really getting somewhere so, if you feel like you're spinning your wheels, it means you're just getting warmed up to do something great. :D

I'm seeing a life lesson here. Spinning your wheels is the fist step to really getting somewhere so, if you feel like you're spinning your wheels, it means you're just getting warmed up to do something great. :D

Your kind of wheel spinning sure don't indicate any Autism. Perfectly neurotypical activities in your case. o_O

I don't think this kind of spinning makes you autistic either. My NT sibling did it as a kid. Kids like wheels, they're the best part because they move, right?

I have several little toys that spin and one goes with me to calm me down when I have to be at a waiting room or office etc.
Water is my other favorite thing to watch, listen to as well.
Judge Why!? Did you give away your collection?

image.jpeg
This, for me, is another important item that spins. Essential in winter.

Well, I don't think spinning things is strictly an ASD thing but, I do think that finding comfort in spinning things is. Most kids like tops and other spinning toys and, at least now and again turn toy cars over and spin the wheels, turn bicycles over and spin the wheels but, I that's more a "How does it work?" curiousity that, once satisfied, ends the spinning.

We seem to find it soothing, relaxing, we use it as a stim even when we definitely understand how those spinning wheels work.

Young kids also find it soothing. While getting carried away in the Google App Store with all the free apps I can get, I was looking for water apps (I love water) and ended up finding that people get sensory apps for babies and toddlers that stimulate them.

I have several little toys that spin and one goes with me to calm me down when I have to be at a waiting room or office etc.
Water is my other favorite thing to watch, listen to as well.
Judge Why!? Did you give away your collection?

Moving to another state. From a condo to an apartment. Had to give up a lot of stuff I still feel bad about giving away. :(

But I still have fond memories of my classic Matchbox cars.

What about spinning a ball? If I have a golf ball with me, I'll spin it on a table, but the best way to spin a golf ball is with a well struck iron shot! Watch fly high land soft, and STOP!!!

I love all things mechanical it's a little different watching the tracks on a skid steer turn is min blowing when the whole thing turns directions. Operating a skid steer is just awesome

I like wheels, propellers, turbines, but my favorite spinning object is a golf ball! The spin adds lift, increasing distance, but acts like a brake upon landing, keeping the ball on the green.

I enjoy trying to understand the physics behind how things work. Like spinning tires or bullets spinning thru the air. Rotating mass is a simple concept, in all reality it's the little things that have a huge effect.

New Threads

Top Bottom