• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Speech patterns advice

waterrain

Hi all!

My kids made a comment that I sound like a computer when I talk lol! ahaha

Well I am curious have you notice in yourself or others with aspergers that
they use certain types of speech more frequently then the general population.
I did a little research and found that my speech sounds monotone and rigid.

What type of words do you think I need to add to my vocabulary more adverbs, interjections perhaps?
What type of words do normal people use most when in regular conversations?

I would like to study a word list so I add non "computery" sounding words to my vocabulary lol.

adjective
modifies a noun or a pronoun and answers these questions: which? what kind of? how many?

adverb
modifies a verb, an adjective, or another adverb and answers these questions: when? where? how? how much? why?

pronoun
is used in place of one or more nouns or pronouns

preposition
shows the relationship of a noun or a pronoun to some other word in a sentence

interjection
expresses emotion and has no grammatical relation to the rest of the sentence

verb
expresses an action or a state of being

conjunction
joins words or groups of words (phrases or clauses)

I think the term for this symptom is "Pallalia". It's actually an issue with many types of Neurological disorder. I would make suggestions, but from my personal experience I can only adjust the words I use most frequently. My patterns tend to remain the same. There may not be an easy fix, but hey now you know what to call it!
If you didn't.

I think the term for this symptom is "Pallalia". It's actually an issue with many types of Neurological disorder. I would make suggestions, but from my personal experience I can only adjust the words I use most frequently. My patterns tend to remain the same. There may not be an easy fix, but hey now you know what to call it!
If you didn't.
cool. Didn't know it had a name!

New Threads

Top Bottom