• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Special interests & a Career

I love the smell of solder fumes in the morning...
They didn't smell bad to me, but they made me sick. A chest xray from that time showed scarring(?) in my lungs as if I were a smoker. After leaving the field (years later), my lungs looked much clearer.

Military research?

I've had many jobs, many... many... jobs. One of them was in military research, there are plenty of jobs around tanks and military, for example;
  • Simulation engineer for training simulators
  • Documentation or operational analysis
  • Writing instructions for equipment maintenance and usage
  • Modelling of military equipment
  • DBA or sys admin for training simulators
  • Maintenance engineer for hardware, tanks, weopons
  • Project manager for delivery, for example, engine upgrades!
  • Site management
  • Research, technical or operational analyst.
Also in the historian side, a while back in one of my volunteer trists I met a museum cleaner. Not like floors, but removing mold and bacteria from museum artifacts to stop them rotting or infecting other exhibits.

So keep in the areas, but think more outside the box.

New Threads

Top Bottom