• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

so i joined a dnd discord group on discord.......

maho*

Soo... I joined this dnd group way back in September.
asked one question and did not say or ask for anything ever since.
I have been feeling awkward because I made the effort to join
only to shy away from asking to join any campaigns.
and I think it's been a year since.
I don't know what to say or do...
the discord group is metadaming.
it's filled with many cool people!
and I've been having a hard time trying to approach them...
any pieces of advice or solutions?

Last edited:
how do you cope with unexpected negativity i.e. aggression ? sometimes I can't even cope with this forum so I wouldn't bother with another one !look for people Who are autistic -find out how The administrators and moderators treat people !if the moderators and administrators are voluntary they have less incentive to be open-minded.
it would be better to go to a social group for people who are high functioning on the autism spectrum and go with A friend .
what I find even better is watching live television as they are expected to have standards i.e. they don't criticise you in any way .
it's better just to keep quiet unless you are very confident .

I have found that sometimes taking that first step - that leap - is the best way to make yourself known. If you stay quiet, you will be in the same situation you are now forever.

Think of it this way - If you ask to join and they say no - so? At that point I would say, please keep me in mind for the next one. I would love to start being a more active member! (who can hate you for that?! You are showing interest and wanting to contribute to the group!)

What happens if you ask, and they say yes? Well, you won't know until you try. Every day you don't ask, you lose another opportunity. Fact is, you don't have to know these people IRL, so if they get annoyed (which likely one person may) then it is SO much easier to move on then having to deal with it face to face.. you seeing their facial features and misinterpreting.

I just take the plunge! If you come out with scabs, they will heal and you can try again.

^ more or less what id say taking that step might also make you feel braver next time your interests require social interaction from you
also would you mind sharing the link to this group? ive taken up an interest in getting in on this game but ive had a droll time finding dnd persifick discord groups.

I would say stay away from discord. I used it a lot, but the people there basically have no sense of empathy, when push comes to shove.

New Threads

Top Bottom