• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So I hear this is the reasonable autism forum..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJingles

The other one is too cliquey, poisonous, intolerant and full of self appointed guardians of moral order. A handful absolutely dominate the forum with their wokeness, hysteria, victimhood and slacktivism. Its unbearable the way they can make a fuss and be so intolerant over the most minor things they dont agree with. Im not even talking politics. They think they're kind but they must drive moderate people away, as they engage in censorious mob bullying. Autistics arent allowed to have any deficits in theory of mind and are punished by the competitive moral grandstanders, each one treading over the other in a race to condemn the perpetrator of wrongthink. No matter how slight the infraction, every incident is met with over reaction and over demands to conform to their extreme snowflake views. I cant bear the noise.

Welcome to the forum. May you find this a place to freely speak your mind and post pictures of your pets should you feel inclined. Lol

dinomyrmex gigas Asian.jpg

Yes, here we just like to talk ants. What's your favorite species?

;)

Never went on the one I believe you're alluding to, but based on what other's have described it doesn't sound like a nice place to be.

I am on an Autism Reddit group but not very active asides from posting the occasional maymay.

This forum is a nice place to be. I'm not as active as I used to be as my new job involves many hours. But I still find myself coming back a few times a week.

Ed

HI and welcome @MrJingles

Glad you got the rant out.
Now to move on to and a nicer welcome.

Do hang around a bit, get to know us, post some jokes and engage in some good conversation.

Never went on the one I believe you're alluding to, but based on what other's have described it doesn't sound like a nice place to be.

I am on an Autism Reddit group but not very active asides from posting the occasional maymay.

This forum is a nice place to be. I'm not as active as I used to be as my new job involves many hours. But I still find myself coming back a few times a week.

Ed
I think to myself, Ill just avoid this subforum, that subforum, Ill only go into threads of people who I know are not toxic, Ill just post and reply in my own threads. Unfortunately the Midges follow you around, being a nuisance.

Hello and welcome, @MrJingles. I hope you benefit from your time here. Let us know if you need any help figuring things out.

Never been to any other autism forum so have nothing to compare, either way great well moderated site.

The other one is too cliquey, poisonous, intolerant and full of self appointed guardians of moral order. A handful absolutely dominate the forum with their wokeness, hysteria, victimhood and slacktivism. Its unbearable the way they can make a fuss and be so intolerant over the most minor things they dont agree with. Im not even talking politics. They think they're kind but they must drive moderate people away, as they engage in censorious mob bullying. Autistics arent allowed to have any deficits in theory of mind and are punished by the competitive moral grandstanders, each one treading over the other in a race to condemn the perpetrator of wrongthink. No matter how slight the infraction, every incident is met with over reaction and over demands to conform to their extreme snowflake views. I cant bear the noise.

Hi Mr Jingles,

I'm new to this forum and (luckily) this is the very first autism forum I've ever visited. I think I will stay put because I certainly do not want to wind up at the forum you're describing. There are certainly a lot of very important moral issues in our time and I do respect anyones right to voice their beliefs or show support for causes that mean a lot to them. I just hardly have the mental capacity for conversations with my closest friends, much less the ability to engage in highly sensational, emotionally-charged debates. I am apolitical and non-partisan. I don't vote because someone told me once to vote your conscience and I personally don't believe in the US bipartisan two party system. I think that everyone should have the right to be able to stand up for what they believe, to fight against injustices, inequality, but I guess the way I see it is that on the flip side of that I believe everyone has the right to REFUSE TO PARTICIAPTE OR ENGAGE without being deemed a "threat" or an "outsider" or "contrarian". I hear a lot today about how "Silence Is Consent" but that just isn't fair. What about non-verbal people? What about those who simply do not know how to communicate? Anyway, I'm just rambling but I appreciate your venting. Thank you for doing so.

The other one is too cliquey, poisonous, intolerant
Unfortunately, this happens all too often on the internet.
"Power corrupts...
Absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely..."

Moderators should not facilitate the development of a clique/groupthink culture.
As you said, it drives moderate individuals away.
It is also against what autism is all about, imo.

Autistics arent allowed to have any deficits in theory of mind and are punished by the competitive moral grandstanders, each one treading over the other in a race to condemn the perpetrator of wrongthink.
I find this bewildering.
We lack theory of mind but are expected to intimately understand the minds/mindset of other ppl.
Some ppl simply lack enlightenment in what it means to be on the spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom