• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So how many fellow programmers are here?

I think it's safe to say, a lot of people with Aspergers are IT literate!

How many of you are into computer programming?

I myself am a web developer by trade, so I write (not program) HTML, CSS and Javascript programming. I also program with PHP! I have also wrote a couple of iPhone apps with Objective-C and I'm going to start programming for Android over the next few months!

What languages do you guys write in? What apps/sites have you developed?

Pete :)

I have worked with .NET and PHP. I am now starting a business doing web and mobile development. I would support Android and iOS.

I really wanted to get into computer programming. Right now I'm just continuing on with HTML, CSS, and pieces of JS and PHP.

Nice one! PHP is a great language. Loads of people don't like it, but if you use it correctly (OOP), then it's a fantastic language. I've been a PHP developer for almost 5 years now

I started learning PHP when they started to support OOP. I know some of the older PHP generation don't like OOP. They have no valid reason hating it. They are just afraid of change.

I won't hold it against you. At least you're not a Windozer.
I know, unfortunately I am stuck on W8 (I stupidly started using it for music production) and I can't switch back without having to spend a day reinstalling all the software I use! W7 was good as well!

I won't hold it against you. At least you're not a Windozer.
Hey this penguin uses Windows but I hate Win8. I did install Classic Shell so I can have the start menu back. MacOS I fell you have less freedom what you can do cause how controling Apple is.

Hey this penguin uses Windows but I hate Win8. I did install Classic Shell so I can have the start menu back. MacOS I fell you have less freedom what you can do cause how controling Apple is.
Nah,

I disagree on that. I can do loads, if not more than what wondows has to offer. And 99% of programs are supported on Mac now (with the exception of Fruity Loops!)

I wish I was a programmer. I want nothing more in life than to make a career change into the IT field. I'm teaching myself coding and exploring all options. I went into the city yesterday just going around to tech companies and looking for answers. I will sweep the floors if it would get me started. I don't have a degree and my resume looks terrible. All I have is hard labor and waiting experience. I have always been pretty computer literate. I have had access to computers my whole life and easily understood them. I have taught myself a lot about them just by researching problems and troubleshooting my own. I think it is the best career path for me to take but feel as though I will never get a chance. I could be a great sales person or programmer once I expand my knowledge. I'm tired of just having a job and want a career I can really be excited to go to every morning. I bet you guys are living the dream.

I wish I was a programmer. I want nothing more in life than to make a career change into the IT field. I'm teaching myself coding and exploring all options. I went into the city yesterday just going around to tech companies and looking for answers. I will sweep the floors if it would get me started. I don't have a degree and my resume looks terrible. All I have is hard labor and waiting experience. I have always been pretty computer literate. I have had access to computers my whole life and easily understood them. I have taught myself a lot about them just by researching problems and troubleshooting my own. I think it is the best career path for me to take but feel as though I will never get a chance. I could be a great sales person or programmer once I expand my knowledge. I'm tired of just having a job and want a career I can really be excited to go to every morning. I bet you guys are living the dream.
I don't think you necessarily have to be a programmer to enter the IT field. I myself am going to seek professional certification at a trade school, rather than going to a traditional college, in network security. My ultimate goal is to eventually be able to work in something like a small private school, where I will have some degree of autonomy.

New Threads

Top Bottom