• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sleeping pills (sensitive)

deathrow2016

Retro Obsessed
Seriously. I love them. Whenever I feel like crap, I down about five of these and I'm out. Then I wake up feeling like I'm a combination of drunk/high. It's incredible and I get it isn't safe but it's better than what I could be doing.

Anyone else feel me?

Hell Im gonna have some right now. Have a good night.

While I don't want to lecture you on the use of pills of any kind, I suppose one thing can be said. If you need those to be "out" perhaps you have a lot of other issues going on in terms of feeling mentally more healthy and being able to find some inner peace and balance.

If I were to feel like crap perpetually, I would consider talking to a therapist and seeing where that leads me, rather than depend on drugs of any kind of (be it legal or illegal ones) to stablize myself to some extent.

If you need those to be "out" perhaps you have a lot of other issues going on in terms of feeling mentally.

Great post. Agree with you.

For most of my adult life, I've had a relationship with alcohol. In June 2015, I've considerably reduced drinking and now it's an occasional treat. Something is wrong when you are sitting home alone and decide to get drunk.

While I don't abuse any sort of medicines I have felt in the past that I could; I get tired of trying to be okay all the time and end up running simulations of series of events leading up to be taking my own life. Sometimes I wish I could just wake up a few hours later and be fine again for a while.

Would they be useful for getting to sleep when you have a migraine? I don't take meds for anything, save Excedrin for the previously mentioned headaches. I wonder if a sleeping pill would put me out when Tsar Bomba is going off between my ears.

I am terrified of sleeping pills and tranquilisers. Before the psychiatrists finally agreed to trial me on anti-depressents as a teenager I was put by my GP onto a pretty strong tranquiliser/sleeping tablet, but I was so agitated that it didn't work so I was prescribed the knock you out for 48 hours dose instead. There are months of my life I do not remember at all and what I do remember I cannot put it in order. It also seems to have affected my short-term memory long term and at the time made my depression worse. I've had sleep issues my whole life but I will not take them.

I am not passing judgement on you but please take care, there have been a few cases of people dying of a heart attack or choking on their own vomit after abusing sleep medication. I would not want it to happen to you.

New Threads

Top Bottom