• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sleeping alone vs. With your partner in bed

Plushie squad! I do remember when I had my bed all to myself in the past, I would let my (very large) dog onto the bed. I was totally comfortable with that. But humans? eeeh, idk lol

Human contact is nice for a bit, but once you settle down for sleep it's hard. Especially as I flip from side to side regularly. Dogs on the other hand have a way of curing up and making contact as a comforting warm pressure point. And when you move they just adjust. What's hard is if I leave the bed trying to lay back down is like playing Twister fitting myself between all the sleeping dogs. Its especially easy btw with Chihuahuas. They were essentially designed for this type work. 'Aztec hot water bottles' is one name for them. :D

I've never had a partner but if I were to get one, I'd want to have my own space, including my own bed and room.

I love sharing a bed with my partner because I love to cuddle. I actually have more trouble sleeping if I don't have my arm around her.
Sometimes when I have days off from work, I sleep in for a few hours just so we can cuddle more.
I'm with you, Luca. While growing up I disliked touch and had a hard time touching another, I've grown to enjoy it. I like cuddling to sleep and especially like spooning.

The thing that disturbs my sleep are cats sleeping on my legs or attacking my toes.

My arrangement right now seems ideal. My very sweet dog has been given the huge bed and I am happily right beside it in my recliner chair. Sleep better in the chair for some reason.

But it’s still only a few hours at a time, so overnight has become a time of productivity for me. I took to heart the advice about getting up and doing something when you can’t sleep instead of just tossing and turning in bed.

A few hours in the night has become a nice time for me. Quiet, no expectations, time to do whatever I want.

Human contact is nice for a bit, but once you settle down for sleep it's hard. Especially as I flip from side to side regularly. Dogs on the other hand have a way of curing up and making contact as a comforting warm pressure point. And when you move they just adjust. What's hard is if I leave the bed trying to lay back down is like playing Twister fitting myself between all the sleeping dogs. Its especially easy btw with Chihuahuas. They were essentially designed for this type work. 'Aztec hot water bottles' is one name for them. :D

LOL. That reminds me of the band called "Three Dog Night".

New Threads

Top Bottom